CrowdSupport®
Wheretonext
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra's incompetence or fraud within?

Answered

My elderly mother has been getting incorrect invoices from Telstra for about 9 months now - one in her name and another in my dead father's name. Neither set of invoices have been paid in full and, to their credit, Telstra has allocated a case manager who has at least acknowledged the errors and promised to fix the problem. However, apart from some ad hoc adjustments to the accounts, Telstra continues to produce incorrect sets of invoices every month. This is very distressing for my mother and extremely frustrating to me - as the person who deals with Telstra on her behalf - but the longer this goes on I am also becoming more suspicious. Is Telstra really that incompetent or is someone behind the scenes within Telstra defrauding them and trying to cover it up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra's incompetence or fraud within?

Hi Wheretonext,

Really sorry to hear about this issue.

Have you been provided with an SR reference number at all? If you have can you please provide it to me as this will allow me to follow this up with your Case Manager.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 22: Superhuman

Telstra has a bereavement department who you'd qualify to contact.  You may find that department more caring of your situation. Ring 132200 on business hours snd say bereavement.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Wheretonext

Thanks but I contacted bereavement section when this all started. Telstra staff have all been polite and sympathetic - just don't seem to be able to fix anything.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi Wheretonext,

Really sorry to hear about this issue.

Have you been provided with an SR reference number at all? If you have can you please provide it to me as this will allow me to follow this up with your Case Manager.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Wheretonext

Yes I have been given a case number - it is SR 1-2097656797882 but not sure how following this up with my case manager will help. He regularly contacts me to give me an update on the status of the issue - the problem is not with him, the problem is that there is no (visible) progress. I haven't contact the ombudsman yet as Telstra always agreed there is a problem and just said it would take time to fix. I just can't believe however that it can take this long to fix.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us Wheretonext, 

I've just sent an email to your case manager and their team leader to ensure that everything that can be done is being done.

Please keep us in the loop on how this all goes.

- Matty

Wheretonext

Thanks - I will let you know if/when any progress

Wheretonext

Hi Matty,

I am awaiting a return call from the case manager but my 89 year old mother is now distraught after receiving a letter in the mail today demanding payment or else her phone will be cut-off. This totally ignores all the credits she is owed. As she is restricted to her unit the phone is her only link to family and friends - as well as to Vitalcall medical alarm. She is frantic. This is just so unfair to put a fragile old lady through this. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Peter

Wheretonext

I forgot to mention that the letter from Telstra says that her services will be suspended after tomorrow - so this is URGENT.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Wheretonext,

I'm really sorry to hear that this letter has come through while being looked into, thanks for letting me know.

I've contacted your case manager since getting back to us and they've informed me they've actioned this. 

Were you wanting me to have them call you about this?

- Matty

Highlighted
Wheretonext

Thanks Matty - no need to get them to call me now. The case manager has since returned my call and confirmed that the service will not be cut off while Telstra complaints department is trying to resolve it. The fact that a letter like this was even able to be issued whilst this issue remains unresolved is another failure in Telstra's systems. Telstra's staff may be helpful but the company's systems / processes are amazingly bad

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now