ScorpioChild
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra taking $30 out of my account when i'm not with them?

Hi, I don't know why i'm getting charged with $30 coming out of my bank account almost every week. It's starting to piss me off, and i'm not with Telstra in any way? Can someone help me what's going on and how to stop it? I hate being charged like this especially when i don't even use Telstra to begin with.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra taking $30 out of my account when i'm not with them?

OK. The most obvious one would be that it sounds like someone is using your account to top up a prepaid account (given by the amount).

1. What is the description that is next to the charge? That will help identify which area of Telstra is charging you.
  2. Put in a disputed charge with your bank for the transactions. They can trace them much easier than anyone else.
  3. Put in a complaint with Telstra via https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Don't bother calling as the frontline consultants will not be able to assist in this matter as you are not a Telstra customer and there is no account reference that they can use.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now