CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
JH48
Level 2: Rookie

Travel Pass

Answered

Before I went overseas to Japan in MarchTelstra was requested to set up travel passes for two mobile phones. One phone was set up incorrectly.

As a result whilst overseas I started to get messages re charges. I spoke to 24/7 chat to raise the alarm and to say they must have set up that phone incorrectly. 

I was told they had and not to worry I would not receive any charges other than the travel pass.

A few days later messages re charges continued and so I contacted 24/7 again whilst on holiday. I was again told a full credit would be issued and that an error had indeed been made. 

When getting home and receiveing my bill no credit had been applied. I was charged for the calls  $875.31 and not the $350 travcel pass on that phone.

It is now after 6 24/7 chats and a number of phone calls and I have still not had resolution.

I was told it had been esclaled to a complaint and a case manager would contact me within 2 -3 business days. That was on

12 May and again by phone on 16 May. 

Clearly 24.7 chat does not provide the service Telstra says it does. Everytime I have beenn told they will contact the previous consulatant or yes you are correct and the matter will be fixed. But nothing is done and I never hear anything.

I am about to go overseas again and wish to have this resolved. It is taking up a lot of my time which is very poor customer service I have been a Tesltra cusomer for over 40 years. 

I have  prepared a summary of all activities and requests that have taken place , I am hoping there is someone I can email it to to get some resolution or  any ideas on how to get a resolution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JH48
Accepted Solution

Re: Travel Pass

Hi 

Just to let you know all sorted and credit now approved.

Thanks

JH

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Hi JH48, 

Sorry to hear that the complaint is yet to be fully resolved for you, can understand that this has been a very poor and frustrating experience.  

Do you happen to have the SR reference number for the lodged complaint? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JH48

Hi Ivan

Yes I do or I believe I do it is 1-1147985859706

I can also provide all the other Reference numbers if it helps but imagine they will all pop up with this one at your end.

Hoping you can help ! 

Thank you for quick reply.

John

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that, JH. I've emailed your case manager, requesting she get in touch with you about this as a matter of priority. I do apologise for the long wait to have this resolved, and I'm confident she'll address this quickly and appropriately. 

Please let us know how you get on - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JH48

Thanks Matty

Here's hoping! I will be sure to let you know. 

JH

JH48
Accepted Solution

Hi 

Just to let you know all sorted and credit now approved.

Thanks

JH

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now