CrowdSupport®
RoganJosh
Level 6: Bloodhound

Trying to Get an Email from Telstra Confirmation of Credit

Answered

Is like pulling out hen's teeth.

I have a $175 credit not showing my My Account portal but when I call 13 22 00, I speak to the overseas call centre. I so far have spoken to 6 different operators (D No's Obtained)  inlcuding a Team Leader "Myra" (D no obtained) apart from being hung up on, cold transferred to another area "Billing" nobody can or will send me an email confirmation of this credit. I have spent nearly 3 hours on the phone to these poor excuses for customer services. I have been lied to about an email being sent, then told another lie that "we do not have a template for this"  despite receiving an email from the same area on the 6th July whilst I was still on the call and then another one with the name of the operator and their D no as this was initially missing.  Then I am told by Myra the Team Leader that "my request has to be escalated and it will take 24 hours"  I told her I was going to be sent an email this morning but I waited 45 minutes on the phone for this already !!

It's a simple request and I find it absurd that Telstra cannot provide me a simple email so I have a record of this credit on my account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Trying to Get an Email from Telstra Confirmation of Credit

I have to agree with Ben. Live Chat are great, and you can save the chat log (or print it), so you have written confirmation of the credit being placed.

This is because there are two ways a credit can be actioned by a rep (IIRC). One impacts the account immediately, the other does so when the next bill is collated/generated. This is how a credit can be applied, but not immediately reflected in your account balance in My Account.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Towle,

There are two quick ways for you to get this. First is to use our Live Chat service they will be able to confirm the credit via the chat which they can then email you a transcript of or you can simply save/print the transcript yourself. Alternatively, if you send us your details (inc DOB) via telstra.com.au/24x7help we will send you an email back.

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Accepted Solution

I have to agree with Ben. Live Chat are great, and you can save the chat log (or print it), so you have written confirmation of the credit being placed.

This is because there are two ways a credit can be actioned by a rep (IIRC). One impacts the account immediately, the other does so when the next bill is collated/generated. This is how a credit can be applied, but not immediately reflected in your account balance in My Account.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
RoganJosh

I think I know what this lady is saying however she made it  difficult and confusing to understand here is the transcript

her ambiguous statement saying the $1.529 is a credit then saying it is a "negative"  and that it will be "deducted" from my next bill !! LOL ... Smiley Tongue then she said the $175 credit has already been applied and that is why my account is $1.53 in credit (showing in "My Account" presently.)

1.53 credit.PNG

That is the remaining amount your account after the $175 credit was applied on your balance.

then says

Since you have $175 credit that was applied on your account on 25/07/12, let say your next bill is $100, the $175 credit will be deducted.

And what is it will Telstra using 3 decimal places !!! MADNESS !!Smiley Frustrated

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1880534/%24175%20Credit%20applied%20on%20next%20bill_Redacted.pdf

It seemed as though she was confused by the fact you'd already paid more that your previous bill, so you already had a credit balance.

Regardless, though painful, at least you've confirmed it's there and will be processed onto your account when your next bill is issued.

EDIT: Ok, from reading your thread on Whirlpool, it appears that it's not simply a $175 credit you are talking about.  It's appears to be a $100 credit, that has already been instantly applied, giving you the small credit balance you show in your screen shot, and a further $75 credit which will likely show up on your next bill.

RoganJosh

Well according to the Live Assistance chat with "Janice" , the $175 credit is to be applied on my next bill due 7/8/2012

BevL
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

Since the 12th April I have spoken to so many different names I can't remember them.   I tried to do the right thing and went through the Telstra site to have everything changed over to my new address on the 18th April.  The first thing Telstra did was cut off my bigpond on the 12th April and no matter how many times I rang they wouldn't do anything about it.   The day arrived for the big move and guess what, no internet.   After that many calls and being changed from person to person practically every day I finally got a date for a technician to come and that was the 9th May!   Just a few days inconvenience!!  The technician came and worked for a long time and finally got me working, but it only lasted to the next Friday.   It went on and on with me asking for a technician to be sent and finally they sent one out again (as no matter how many times you ask for a technician, you are ignored).  It has been going OK since then the 24th May, but on the Monday in comes a bill for the April/May period.

I decided to ring about the bill as I considered after all the 'heartache' I had endured they should give me some credit.   Finally got on to someone who said they would give me a $100.00 off and when I said I didn't think that was enough for all the time I had been without the internet and email she finally said they would give me the equivalent of 2 months of my internet bill.   By this time I was getting very annoyed and said that I didn't think I should have to pay the $59.00 to transfer everything to my new address as it hadn't been done at the time I requested.   She went away and eventually  came back (I think she was hoping I would have gone away by then) and said yes they would do that.   The whole thing came to $179.00 and I asked her for an email confirming this.   Yes, she would do this and even asked my email address.   This was on the 28th and still no confirmation.

I dread ringing Telstra now after all this, but why didn't she send the confirmation email or did she just agree with me to get rid of me!

Bev

BevL
Level 1: Cadet

I have received a message (which went to my junkmail) informing me I had a private message in the Telstra crowdsupport

I have moved it to my inbox, but how do I access it.

Kind regards

Bev

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bev,

When you are logged in at the top of the page on the right hand side is a picture of an envelope, if you click on that it will take you to your inbox for you to view your private messages.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now