Chops
Level 2: Rookie

Trying to be connected to Telstra from a diff service provider

Hi I have tried to change across to Telstra from a different service provider. Telstra told me that they would send out a sim card and when my old service dropped out that I could place the new sim in and it should work ???!!!!

Guess what? No sim arrived after two weeks and I still had service from my old provider. I tried to ring them back but that took me 2 phone calls just to hear that they don't have any information on me even tho that they had sent out a welcome pack.

I went down to a Telstra shop to pick up a sim and try to get it sorted out there. They told me they found me but also said that there was a problem and they could not fix it from there and just said I should try and put in the new sim and just see what happens. Meanwhile they ha disconnected my other service provider and in doing so I have no phone service
Now I have had no phone service for three days and telstra can't contact me during the day because they only haven home number to which they said they would ring me back on in half an hour and it's been three days now. I have tried ringing Telstra for the last three days to only be told there is a problem and after being switched to diff areas and different people having to explain my situation to the next person only to be told that there's a problem and noone could tell me what that problem is.

All I wanted to do was to join up with Telstra but this process has been very difficult and I'm loosing faith very fast. Im worried that I will lose my number and I can't afford to do that because I need if for my job.

Can someone please get back to me and actually help to get my phone connected

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Trying to be connected to Telstra from a diff service provider

the number not moving away from your old carrier is normally a problem with the other carrier, if that has finally happened but the new SIM hasn't started working it would indicate a problem on Telstra's end now, without being contactable via phone your best option is probably jump onto live chat (linked on the front page of the forum here) which is run 24/7 and get someone to follow it up for you
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Chops

Dose the tech support only work during the week or could they have fixed this problem on the weekend
Level 21: Augmented

plenty of departments only work during the week, live chat is 24/7 though, even if they can't fix it for you at this time of night they can get you some detail on what's happening and get the wheels in motion to get it sorted for you
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Chops

Telstra can't set up my new sim

Whh can't Telstra set up my sim. They have ported my number and disconnected my service it's been four days now and I'v tried calling Telstra over ten times now and still no service they told me that they would call me back but no one did.

I just wanted to be a new Telstra customer but with all this time and difficult situation and lack of caring and support from Telstra is making me change mh mind but am worried that I will lose my number.
If you people at Telstra can help me to get my phone connected that would make my life a little easier and a new customer for you
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

This might seem like a silly one, but if you haven't switched your phone off and back on since the number cut over to Telstra you will need to switch it off and back on for the Sim to log into the network properly. If you have reset the handset and it's still not working, we should be able to get one of the CrowdSupport mods to pick up your case here and make sure everything is OK from our end for you.
Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Chops

Yes we have tried that many times and still no luck. I'm happy to send you a number that you can ring to help me to get this sorted.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Just sending a message through to a mod now Smiley Happy
Josh | Tech Expert |

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Chops

I'm not sure how to do that
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Oh sorry! i meant i was sending a msg through for you! Smiley Tongue

We should have someone to look at this for you very soon Smiley Happy
Josh | Tech Expert |

Chops

Ok cool thank you.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

GDay Chops,

Can you please send me your details via telstra.com/24x7help so I can find out whats going on for you and help give it a swift kick along.

Cheers,

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now