Highlighted
Moni3
Level 1: Cadet

Unknown charges

Answered
Last week on the 10th November I purchased season 4 of outlander which was billed to our telstra bill. I also tried to add my credit card, before it was billed to our account. On the 16th two charges of $1 appeared on my bank statement with the reference NRL live pass. I sent an email to the link on my statement but they replied that it has nothing to do with them. What is it and can I get a refund please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Unknown charges

Hi @Moni3
Thank you for contacting us.
The 1.00 charge you see on your account is a credit card verification entry.
It may appear when you purchase a service or product. The merchant may place this entry to make sure the credit card used for the purchase is a valid account.
The charge will normally drop off the account after 5-7 days.
In the case of the entry appearing as NRL-Telstra, Telstra NRL Live Pass or similar, this may occur (depending on the financial institution and or card used) when you purchase a Telstra service, plan, subscription or product e.g. BigPond Movies.
Even though may appear as this, It doesn’t necessarily mean you have subscribed to the NRL Live Pass.
I apologise for any inconvenience.
If you have further questions, definitely let me know.
Regards
Micheal @ Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi @Moni3
Thank you for contacting us.
The 1.00 charge you see on your account is a credit card verification entry.
It may appear when you purchase a service or product. The merchant may place this entry to make sure the credit card used for the purchase is a valid account.
The charge will normally drop off the account after 5-7 days.
In the case of the entry appearing as NRL-Telstra, Telstra NRL Live Pass or similar, this may occur (depending on the financial institution and or card used) when you purchase a Telstra service, plan, subscription or product e.g. BigPond Movies.
Even though may appear as this, It doesn’t necessarily mean you have subscribed to the NRL Live Pass.
I apologise for any inconvenience.
If you have further questions, definitely let me know.
Regards
Micheal @ Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 22: Superhuman

Sometimes those $1 charges are pre-authorisations used by many, many companies to test that the card/account is genuine, and those $1 charges drop off in a few days. You mention they are on your statement, presuming you are not meaning a transaction history?? If they are on your statement, contact your bank.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Moni3
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your reply. They showed up on my bank statement, but not on my BigPond transaction history. Will they be refunded/reversed?
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Yes, they should reverse by themselves, but it can take a week or two.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now