Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Updates to email bill

Great news – the improvements you may have seen mentioned below are launching.  From 7 April 2013, you’ll notice the email you receive with your bill has changed.  In particular, you’ll be able to see the monthly billed amount in the email itself, without having to open the PDF bill.  You’ll also still have access to pay a bill online and log into My Account, but we’ve made these links more prominent. 

We provide a full range of options and advice on how to setup your payments, so you don't have to pay for receiving a paper bill or paying over the counter.  

http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/Paying-My-Bill/Changes-to-the-non-electronic-billing-and-payment-fe...

You can also now check your bills through Telstra My Account or the Telstra 24x7 App. There’s no charge for paying an account via Direct Debit, Paypal or over the phone/internet.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES 21
Mark72
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Updates to email bill

Hi Yannick

We have been receiving an email bill for my wife's mobile for the last 3-4 months, however are still being charged a $2 fee for "Your Last paper bill".

My wife has made two calls and requested this to cease and have the fees refunded, however new bill arrived today with the fee, what can we do to fix?

Also we have just taken on a new bundle and finally got the cable to "activate" after order was placed in mid Feb. We requested that the home and mobile accounts are combined on the one account, however recent home bill did not include the mobile.

Not sure if this is the right forum but would appreciate your help.

Regards

Mark

LAnGy

I hate getting my account bill balance email separate to the detailed PDF bill which comes much later. Why can't you send them together so I don't have to go looking and waiting for the detailed bill?

By the way, as a telecom/telstra customer all of my adult life since the 80's, my experience of telstra of late in what is supposed to be a modern age, is that you provide the worst level of customer service in the history of the company. It is worse now than it was when we had a manual exchange. You have people answering phones on the worse quality lines in the country and they haven't the first idea what you are talking about when you ring, then you get put on to someone else, and then someone else again, each time having to regurgitate your personal details over and over.... Useless.
Highlighted
rewatha
Level 1: Cadet

pl email me detail bill
Support Team
Support Team

Heya rewatha,

Welcome to CrowdSupport. Smiley Happy

If you would like access to your detailed invoices, I'd recommend registering for My Account.

However, in the meantime, you can also have a chat with one of our 24x7 Live Chat Consultants to organise.

Hope this helps. Smiley Wink

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Vlepomatia

I've been begging to receive a bill since November and am getting nowhere. I don't care if it's email, please just send it and stop texting me asking for my email address which you set up on my behalf then tell me my bill's undeliverable. How annoying!!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Vlepomatia,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

Vlepomatia, this is such an easy fix and you can even do this yourself right now online.

Check out how to Request an Email Bill. Thanks Vlepomatia.

gg65

You need a long time to wait for the 24x7 consultants - I've given up - I suppose a bonus for you is your getting data usage while I have to wait!
skunk16

Dear Mark and Yannick.

I have also noted the same myself, the $2 fee has been reintroduced, it is actually somewhat discriminatory against those of us who do not have or want a credit card.

Nothwithstanding the above I would point out that Telstra attempted to impose a $2 fee on "non electronic payments" some years ago to which there was a public backlash, they stated "we have listened to you" and the fee was dropped.   However it appears that the fee is now being reintroduced even though in correspondence sent out at the time it was stated the fee would not be reimposed.

Quite a breach of promise to say the least and disappointing

Just for interest I receive my bill by e-mail and pay it at my local Post Office.

Regards.         John S.

(removed account details for security purposes)

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Skunk16

The $2 fee for Paper Bill and/or Non-Electronic Payment Fee is not intended to be discriminatory, We do provide a full range of options and advice on how to setup your invoice/payments, so you don't have to pay this ongoing $2 charge. 

http://bit.ly/1hKCNap

Across the board it appears that all Isp's charge a similar fee, for Billing or Administration fees. 

-     Lindy Smiley Happy 

Levin

Email bills don't seem so far to be reliable.
I registered last year, but have anly received two emails so far ...
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Levin,

I'd recommend going to My Account http://tel.st/cpyn & making sure we have the correct email address for delivery

you'll also be able to check previous bills this way

If you need a hand to set up, please chat to us via http://tel.st/49kl

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Bernbloodylesli

This company just gets worse by the minute. Bills come unsupported by details, previous amounts paid disappear off the records, pricings just get higher by the minute, people you speak to are not at all sincere and not re-reachable. Telstra shops are no longer of any help, and that's if you can find one who can help with plans or billing, [only one on the entire Central Coast NSW]. Phoneline discussions about plans and costs are not credible, not followed through with and seem to be just a method of increasing costs subversily. I'm totally done with this disgustingly unfriendly and snakes and mirrors company who charge the highest rates in the world to spek on the phone, from what I can see.

paul-jan

I wholeheartedly agree. Come on Telstra... get your act together!!!
SteviePas

Be even better if you could tget the bills right and then apply credits to the correct months instead of saying the short payment is overdue when it isnt.

mdtrevena

I'm trying to switch to paperless billing. Unfortunately, I can't do it because the process insists on me providing a telstra PHONE NUMBER!

I don't have a telstra PHONE NUMBER. This is a Broadband only account.

What now? Call the 13 number and wait hours for someone to answer?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi mdtrevena

Our Live Chat team can make the switch for you here: 

http://tel.st/49kl

Jason2010

But now charges for paying online?

TM10

you are so right. I have experienced similar problems and I don't know how to solve them. I cannot find someone to speak to about ..........10 x 1 hour phone calls have left the matter unresolved ....... I am being beaten into submission
Support Team
Support Team

Hi TM10 We're happy to help with any My Account issues here:  http://tel.st/8qpr 24x7

Brettaj

I haven't been receiving the last 3 accounts by email resulting in them going overdue .. does anyone know why as it a part of my contract that they are to email accounts in sufficient time to pay which they are not.
Jayla

My brother

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more