CrowdSupport®
mjs88
Level 1: Cadet

Upgrading Plan confusion

Hi, We upgraded our wireless internet plan from 4GB to 8GB. Now on the bill it says we have a new plan/bundle. Does this mean our contract date starts again?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Boggles
Level 15: Special Agent

Re: Upgrading Plan confusion

Did you 'upgrade' to the new level or did you just get them to move you to a higher plan.

It all depends on how it was done. If you 'upgraded' then you most probably would have been recontracted for another contract term. Otherwise if you just got your plan increased to the higher one you should not have been recontracted.

You do not need to recontract to change your plan.

If you contact Telstra they can tell you what the start & end dates of your contract are.

Hope this helps.

Smiley Happy

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.
Level 23: Superhero

Generally speaking you wouldn't have been recontracted unless you requested a new device to be sent (such as a new 4G modem).

As Boggles says though, best bet is to have a quick chat with customer service (either on the phone or online chat) and they will be able to confirm this for you.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Level 21: Augmented

To my knowledge, If you upgrade your plan online you shouldn't get re-contracted but I believe it's done automatically when you call up even though it's not required and can be manually removed when placing the plan change.

As both posters have said the only way to know for sure is to either speak to livechat, a mod or call accounts.
Lathania

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now