Highlighted
haystacks1
Level 4: Private Eye

Vacation charges

Answered

I am going on vacation to UK and requested Telstra to lower the charge from $120-$130 per month for the period i am away. The reply was we are unable to carry out your request and will charge you a further amount for late payment because you are not be able to receive or act on the 1 account that will be due in your absence. Seem very unfair after the thousands of dollars i have already paid on time every month. Lack of flexibility appears to be a major Telstra failing.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Vacation charges

G'day haystacks1

Looking for ward to your next update. I'm glad that the wheels are in motion again.

Thanks haystacks1

-JoeSmiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

haystacks1
Accepted Solution

Very large major gigantic problem with Telstra has gone away thanks to common sense Thanks Joe & Lachlan.

All good now.

Thanks Telstra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey haystacks1,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport, please hang around, stay awhile and help us out in our community where you can.

It isn't good to hear that your request to lower your plan was not considered and I can understand why this seemed unfair and that we're not very flexible when it comes to this situation.

haystacks, I'm assuming you are referring to your mobile service? If this is the case, you can certainly contact our Cancellations Team or Customer Loyalty Team to discuss your options in lowering your plan while you're away overseas and not using the service. They can be contacted on 132 000 and say 'mobile cancellations' when prompted by the IVR. Thanks haystacks1.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

haystacks1

This problem is not with my mobiles but with my bundle at home,

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi again haystacks1,

I understand that it's to do with your bundled service at home. Please contact the same team I have provided above to discuss your options in lowering your plan so you don't have to pay large amount while you're away. Thanks haystacks1.

-JoeSmiley Happy

haystacks1

Joe,

Wheels in progress to correct problem. Will advise.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

G'day haystacks1

Looking for ward to your next update. I'm glad that the wheels are in motion again.

Thanks haystacks1

-JoeSmiley Happy

haystacks1
Accepted Solution

Very large major gigantic problem with Telstra has gone away thanks to common sense Thanks Joe & Lachlan.

All good now.

Thanks Telstra

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more