Highlighted
Shr3721
Level 4: Private Eye

Vague inf about changing plans

Answered

Hi,

I recently signed up for the 50GB Home Broadband service which is priced at $73 per month.

The information about changing plans in the "information summary" pdf of this plan does not provide clear info. It says:

CHANGING BUNDLES
If you have taken up this bundle on a 24-month minimum term, you
can change to another Telstra Broadband Range plan once a month
during your minimum term. You’ll need to restart your 24 month term
and pay a $50 Early Recontracting Fee if you move to another Bundle
Range before the end of your minimum term.

The "minimum term" for my contract is 24 months. So, does the first sentence, in the above section, mean I'm allowed to change to another plan, for instance the 200GB one, once a month during my 24 month term WITHOUT PAYING THE $50 EARLY RECONTRACTING FEE?

If the answer is yes, then what does this second sentence mean? Obviously, whenever I want to change my plan it is "before the end of [my] minimum term"????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Vague inf about changing plans

Sorry, let me be a bit clearer.

You can change you plan within the "Telstra Broadband Range" of plans (50GB/200GB/500GB) once a month without any charge.

What it means is if you change to a bundle such as the 'Entertainer' bundle or 'Everyday' bundles or any of the other plans groups listed outside the Telstra Broadband Range of plans you would be charged the fee of $50.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6

You can change you plan once a month without any additional charges, via your account portal.

If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Shr3721

Thanks for the reply Kalak.

This is one of these new plans. The pdf summary suggests that it is indeed a bundle:

"Your plan is a bundle which includes:
• a home phone service
• BigPond Fast ADSL Broadband for your internet service.
Your home phone and home broadband services must be connected
at the same physical address and you must pass our eligibility check."

so, can anyone from Telstra tell us whether a change of plan in these new home broadband plans, during the 24 month minimum term, lead to a $50 penalty or not?

Accepted Solution

Sorry, let me be a bit clearer.

You can change you plan within the "Telstra Broadband Range" of plans (50GB/200GB/500GB) once a month without any charge.

What it means is if you change to a bundle such as the 'Entertainer' bundle or 'Everyday' bundles or any of the other plans groups listed outside the Telstra Broadband Range of plans you would be charged the fee of $50.

Shr3721

oh OK. That makes sense.

Thanks for the info Smiley Wink

Judy74
Level 1: Cadet

I need to speak to someone in the Adelaide Office by the name of [REMOVED FOR PRIVACY] urgently. I have been having discussions with her for over a week now and had to cancel a call from her yesterday due to unavailability. Please advise me how I can speak with her again. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Judy74,

Welcome to CrowdSupport

I have needed to remove the employee's name and details for their security and privacy as this is a public forum, hope you understand.

Whilst I'm not able to get in touch with them directly and request they make contact with you, if you have received an SMS or email confirmation in recent contacts with her, you can request a call back via the URL link

Otherwise, try chatting with us via LiveChat at: http://tel.st/hsc3 and we can see what we can do to assist.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more