Highlighted
Pedro1972
Level 1: Cadet

Video call cost

Answered

Hi

I cant see anywhere the cost of using Video calling from my Telstra service to another Telstra service.

Is it the same as standard call charges?

cheers

P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Video call cost

Well yes is helps. There are no rates as such for video calls. Calls such as theyt constitute Data usage and are deducted from your data allowance when on 3G/4G.

If making the calls when on free WiFi then they would be free, if on a paid WiFi service they would form part of the data allowance on that WiFi account.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

When you say Video Calling, what type of device or service are you using?

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Pedro1972

both devices are Samsung S4. Service is $30 plan including $300 of calls and $250Mb data. Standard call rates.

Does that help (or really matter)?

Accepted Solution

Well yes is helps. There are no rates as such for video calls. Calls such as theyt constitute Data usage and are deducted from your data allowance when on 3G/4G.

If making the calls when on free WiFi then they would be free, if on a paid WiFi service they would form part of the data allowance on that WiFi account.

Pedro1972

Thanks very much. That info is simple but not explained anywhere on the telstra site. At least not easily anyway

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now