CrowdSupport®
whyisitsoslow
Level 2: Rookie

Was just wondering why an order process takes so long if you ordered through a Telstra store.

Answered

Hi guys.

I was just wondering why my Samsung Tab Pro S's order process is taking such a long time even though I have already got the tablet right now.

I signed a contract on the tablet on the 12th of April 2017 and the salesman who served me put my down that I wanted the order by the next day (I think he was just being nice), then on the 13th of April i recieved a txt saying that my tablet had arrived and that if I wanted to I could wait till the next day to pick it up and so thats what I did.

I picked it up on the 14th and I took it home and tried to activate it but it was taking such a long time that I refreshed the page and I recieved an error about trying to activate the SIM card, so I used Telstra's 24 / 7 mmessaging service to try and get it activated and after a day that didn't work, then i tried again on the 16th and that didn't work, I kept on trying and none of the activations worked.

So I decided to go to my local Telstra shop where a girl said my order was processing and I left at that for a couple of days because she said it would be processed soon but it still hadn't finished processing, then I ade a complaint about being passed on to so many departments that ended up still going back to get my SIM card activated (which obviously didn't work).

Then a couple of days later a guy from Telstra contacted me but I was busy, so I couldn't find the time to talk to him, so another guy from Telstra contacted me a couple of times and finally I was able to talk to him and he said he would push my order process up and he asked if I had my tablet (I said yes), then he asked me for other details, such as a serial number for the tablet and I gave him that, then he said after a while that my order process might be processed by Friday (which is today) and as far as I know it hasn't because I cant use my SIM card and its data on my tablet.

My question is why does it take such a long time for an order to process when you already have the order? Definitely when you bought it through a Telstra shop, not online.

Its now the 28th of April (2 weeks later) and I still have the same problem and I have been told I can't get a replacement SIM card.

I am a full time TAFE student and don't have much free time. I'm going to ring back the second guy who contacted me this Monday because he said if I my SIM card was not activated by Friday could I ring him back.

This is hopeless service definitely seeing how I am paying for a plan with 10Gb of data which I haven't been able to use since I got the tablet.

If you want a job done well do it yourself.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Was just wondering why an order process takes so long if you ordered through a Telstra store.

Hi whyisitsoslow

I can see that to resolve your complaint, the issue with the provisioning has been escalated. 

Due to Privacy and Security concerns, we are unable to provide account specific details via this forum. To follow up further, the best will be to contact the case manager via the number provided.

-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Was just wondering why an order process takes so long if you ordered through a Telstra store.

Hi whyisitsoslow

great to read that your SIM has been activated.

Thank you for letting us know.
-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that, I would recommend speaking to our Mobile Activations team on 132200 about your issue getting that Tablet service completely activated. They are the experts on these issues.

whyisitsoslow

Dear thedylan.

That doesn't help because the problem is that the order is taking so long to get processed, even though I m using that ordered tablet now.

The Telstra tech guy said that the reason my SIM card won't activate is because the order isn't completely processed yet.

Basically I think the reason why this has happened is because someone at the warehouse where my tablet was sent from stuffed up or the service you guys use is buggy (the tech guy didn't even know that I had the tablet until I told him).

This Telstra tech guy said to ring him back, so that's what I am going to do on Monday.

I pre orded a Samsung Galaxy 8 Plus and I picked that up last week and that worked fine because they activated it's SIM card and it took less than half an hour to activate.

Wish the tablet process had been as smooth as the S8 Plus.

Basically it is an order processing problem.

Support Team
Support Team

H whyisissoslow, 

Thankyou for explaining further.  If an order is not progressing it could have been incorrectly provisioned. 

Unfortunately the only way to fix this is to cancel the order and place a new one. If you would like to have this arranged please contact Mobile Activations team on 132200 as Dylan advised previously. 

If your service has since activated since posting this, please ignore.

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

whyisitsoslow

But I already have the tabllet.

The problem is I cannot use any of the data because according to the Telstra casemanager who has been talking to me and trying to help me out has said that the order is still processing, but when I looked up the process of the order using the tracking website and my tablet's order number it said it had been dispatched and recieved by me which is correct.

The casemanager who I have been talking to said that he would contact the Telstra activation team and they would contact me last Tuesday but they didn't (they have my mobile number and my mum's home phone number).

He said he did that because I already have the tablet and he would ask them to have my SIM card activated and to give me my Telstra data.

I'm still waiting and its been over 3 weeks.

The casemanager (Nico from the complaints department) said it should not have taken this long because usually it takes 5 - 9 business days).

I don't think its fair that I should pay for this amount of time seeing how the tablet is on a Telstra plan that I will be paying for.

Seeing how you guys can't this problem right I don't put much trust in you guys stuffing up and charging me for another tablet on a plan.

Support Team
Support Team

That is certainly frustrating and I am sorry for the delays in getting this resolved for you. Have you got contact details for your case manager? 

If you need us to follow up with them at all, please let me know. I will just need the reference number for your complaint.

Thanks

whyisitsoslow

Hi JesseS.

All I know is his name is Nico (don't know how you spell it correctly) and he was the casemanager from the Complaints department that was assigned to a complaint I made about being moved around to different departments on your 24 / 7 support (not being offered a replacement SIM card which I thought might solve my problem).

After complaining I went to my local Telstra store who told me that my order was still being processesed which was weird to me seeing how I already had the tablet and then when Nico rang me up, (had a few missed calls from him) he told me that this was why my SIM card was not activated.

Like I mentioned in my last message I decided to look around on the internet to see how to track my order process and that was when I found out what I already knew, that the tablet has been dispatched on the 11th of May and I picked it up on the 13th of May (my tracking order number: 1-1117651281327) by me (Chris Skjoedt).

He gave me a 1800 241 787 number and 6221.

My reference number is SR 1-1121451185813.

My dad used to work for Telstra when it was called Telecom, as an Electrical Engineer and I have always thought that Telstra was a better Telecomunications company with good coverage but that seems to have gone down a lot.

Thanks for your help if you can help me.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi whyisitsoslow

I can see that to resolve your complaint, the issue with the provisioning has been escalated. 

Due to Privacy and Security concerns, we are unable to provide account specific details via this forum. To follow up further, the best will be to contact the case manager via the number provided.

-Ern

whyisitsoslow

Hi Ern.

I have a data connection now and my SIM card has been activated.

Thanks for your help guys.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi whyisitsoslow

great to read that your SIM has been activated.

Thank you for letting us know.
-Ern

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now