CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

What is DROID6000

Answered

DROID6000 has appeared under Seperate Purchases on my bill - $4.99

Same Provider Number as pests DealShack - called them and they say they don't know?

Any idea what this is?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: What is DROID6000

Hi WilyOne, if your bill shows a phone number associated with the charge the details at http://19sms.com.au/ can advise of the source of the fee and instructions on how to unsubscribe if it's a premium SMS service.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Some overseas carriers have already blocked these guys.

All you can do is make sure you aren't signed up to any premium service, block/bar premium service on your account and request a refund from Telstra.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi WilyOne, if your bill shows a phone number associated with the charge the details at http://19sms.com.au/ can advise of the source of the fee and instructions on how to unsubscribe if it's a premium SMS service.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This is now April 2016 and the scammers are still being allowed to freely operate.
'Droid6000' can slip you into a $4.99/wk bill.
Telstra, will if requested, block 3rd party charges on your bill but then it's too late.
I also suspect obtaining a refund will be difficult.
Telstra and others need to block the 3rd party service at the beginning of your phone contract unless requested by you, the user, to allow 3rd party charges.
TELSTRA TAKE NOTE AND STOP THIS AT THE OUTSET

Highlighted

RE; THIS DROID 6000 SERVICE

I had this service blocked on the 14th of April 2016, yet I now find I have had 3 more weekly charges.  I asked premium SMS / MMS to be blocked permanantly.  It was confirmed by Telstra the service was blocked on 14 April 2016.  Yet I still get these DROID6000 charges.  This is totally unacceptable.  I really have just about had a gut full and am looking ano other mobile phone carriers.

The SMS I recived today said I had been charged another $4.99. It says SMS STOP to 19900019. I f I trie to send STOP to this number, I then get a warning saying "Messages would like to send a message to 19900019. This may cause charges on your mobile account." Thus I'm not sure if sending STOP to this number will make matters better or worse.

The other problem is that unless you check you phone bill regularly and in detail, you miss all these fraudulent charges. This is daylight robbery. It's fraud and criminal of these services to be doing this kind of thing.

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@CallMe007 blocking premium charges may not help if this particular service is a subscription. Premium Carrier Billed subscriptions need to be specifically cancelled before charges will cease.

Details on this can be found here https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Billing-Payments-KB/Premium-SMS-and-Telstra-Carrier-Billing/t...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit