CrowdSupport®
Shaun1976
Level 3: Gumshoe

Where is the Service

3 years ago I was over charged by nearly $2000. At the time I was told there is no way that Telstra has made a mistake. My account was put in default and a black mark against my name and I had to pay the bill. My home loan was declined due to this default. Now on the 22nd of August I was sent an email stating Telstra was wrong amd crediting my account $1875.19, this has annoyed me as I have not been able to get other services or loans and now they think it’s ok to just credit an account and move on. I’ve been on the phone for 6 hours today, been cut off 5 times and nothing sorted out. I drive to a Telstra shop and they said to call the 132200 number to sort it, the shop couldn’t help me. Who the hell can i speak to that is an Australian, that I won’t be disconnected from that can help me with my complaint as I am not happy one bit with Telstra and there service. Who can I call to speak to that can make what Telstra have put me through over the last 3 years worth my while, can fix my accounts and offer me something for a change other than an email. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
28 REPLIES 28
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Where is the Service

Hi @Shaun1976,

I can understand your concern about your credit rating. What was advised by our team when you spoke with them over the phone today? Do you have a reference number relating to this beginning with 'SR' or 'INT'?

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Shaun1976

@TimmyT wrote:

Hi @Shaun1976,

I can understand your concern about your credit rating. What was advised by our team when you spoke with them over the phone today? Do you have a reference number relating to this beginning with 'SR' or 'INT'?

- Tim 

This is finally the text message I got, this lady knew nothing about the case and for the 15th time I’ve had to explain what this is all about as she thought it was with a fault. I told her this was all about service and not ever being able to talk to someone about being treated unfairly and just getting hung up on or disconnected. It seems like Telstra doesn’t care about there customers anymore amd just leave us with a bunch of “I’m sorry” call center people to deal with the issues. This credit thing really affected my life and my ability to get a home loan amd Telstra don’t care it was there mistake. Nobody in a shop can help me, nobody on the phone can help me and nobody can even refund the money Telstra made me pay when I shouldn’t have had to. All I want is a few new phones and the new contracts started and at a discounted rate as that seems pretty fair to what I had to go through. Now all I’ve been told to do is get in contact with the TIO. Telstra are about to lose a long time customer here. But hey they don’t care.
F0A84EB5-B86C-4B8F-8810-92D8C9BAB5B3.png

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Shaun1976. 

I have checked the SR 1-2172346373882 reference number and can see that this is a complaint that has only been opened on 26/08/2019. 

I apologise that you have had to re-explain yourself again. I am sure this is just so the case manager know exactly what they need to look into and have all the information from you they need to work towards a resolution.

In this case, the case manager will be investigating further on your behalf and then once they have all the information they need, will come back to you with a complaint resolution offer. 

Please let us know the outcome of the complaint. We want to make sure we come to a resolution for you. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Shaun1976

The case manager hung up on me, she said that I demanded to much and that she was unable to refund the money. I asked her to cancel all my services and refund the money and I was hung up on. She was the most unhelpful case manager and was the one that suggested I escalate this further. I hope to god she is no longer handling this. Why is it so hard to ring and speak to someone that understands. Someone that can sort a problem right then and there. Telstra have credited the over charge, Telstra (after 6 hours on the phone) removed the default and Telstra know they are in the wrong. What needs to be investigated. I just wanted my phones sorted before Friday before I go on holiday and a refund to enjoy it. Because it is my money. Why can’t someone from an Australian office ring and sort this out. Someone that has a little power to make right Telstra wrongs. I’m not asking the world of Telstra considering what happened to me

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Shaun1976. 

This is not something I can arrange over social media. We do not have specific Australian offices I can arrange a callback from for you sorry. 

I can't comment on the specifics of the complaint resolution as this is not something we have access to over social media for privacy reasons. 

I have gone ahead and contacted your case manager on your behalf outlining what you have advised me here tonight and I am certain they will be in contact again to do what they can to find an agreeable resolution with you. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Shaun1976

I really do Thankyou for your help, but like I said earlier I don’t wish to deal with someone that has hung up on me amd disregarded my concerns. As I also said I don’t have the time to wait anymore for Telstra to deal With this, I’ve been trying for a week and spent countless hours on the phone and wasted more than enough time being treated this way. I need new phones for Friday when I go on holiday. So I’m going to another provider in Thebes morning as I’ve found a few better deals out there and I will be porting my services over and canceling my services with Telstra. I will then expect a full credit for the over $2000 that my account is in credit, $1875.19 from the over charge. That’s all I want now. Telstra is just to hard and don’t care about there clients. It to frustrating to deal with the 132200 number and the 20 people you get disconnected from where they can’t ring back. 

Kaz0501
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Shaun1926,

My suggestion is to put put in a complaint to the telco ombudsman. I recently had an issue that was ongoing for three months and finally decided to put in a complaint with the telco ombudsman and received a phone call from Telstra the next day and the issue has been fixed (I’m hoping). 

I have used the ombudsman several times in the past and issues seem to get fixed rather quickly.

I am sorry about your home loan and Telstra need to be held accountable for their part in this.

It makes me angry that we speak with people that run off a script and hang up on us when they get thrown a curveball or don’t understand us because of the language barrier, especially when we have such high unemployment here in Australia. 

If we all (anyone that has issues with overseas call centre’s) send something through to the ombudsman, eventually something will need to be done.

Shaun1976

Thanks Kaz,

it will be the first thing I do and soon as this investigation hits day 10. I’ll give telstra the benefit of the doubt one last time, my account is currently $1800 in credit, they won’t let me withdraw it and I can get other services due to the default. I went to a shop the other day and was told the store in success couldn’t close my account, the guy was actually a little bit of a smart ass and said that if I was to do it then there will be charges that if I didn’t pay I’d get another default. So I walked across to Vodafone and they were a lot cheaper, Telstra have 4 days left to keep my business, not that they care. But thanks for your reply, it’s appreciated

Level 22: Superhuman

Before you go to the TIO, you could contact the CEO's office:

https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form

That is far higher level of complaint resolution based in Melbourne, to the best of my knowledge.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Shaun1976, as my colleague Tommy has mentioned. He has escalated this directly to the Case Manager and requested you be contacted asap. Please let me know when you are contacted if you can. - Jo

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Shaun1976

Thanks MammaB,

but as I’ve explained before, if it’s the same case manager then Telstra better find another one, this lady hung up on me already and I personally think this needs to be dealt with someone that understands the situation. A dispute or resolution shouldn’t take this long. The call centres and the lack of service now has really let Telstra down now, this is surprising being that they are the most exspencive.

jhwiz
Level 2: Rookie

The TIO won't accept complaints at all in most circumstances unless you've worked you have given the ISP the opportunity to fully resolve it.

Shaun1976

Thanks jhwiz, 

mineralise I need a case to present. I’m doing all the things and waiting waiting waitin as Telstra have requested. I want Telstra to have no reason to not be responcible for what has gone on. It’s just getting worse for them as it is costing me time and money having to deal with there mistake. Worst thing is the last few days I’ve been in Bali getting married and my international day pass is going crazy as Telstra enabled both my services instead of one. Charge after charge for a phone that is still in Australia with my kids. I don’t understand how this even happens. 2 more days Telstra. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Shaun1976

From what I can see, your complaint is still open which means we are working on this.

If you're currently overseas, the case manager would not be able to call you to assist however if you requested to be contacted by email, they can do this although correspondence between each email can take time.

While I understand your initial experience with the case manager was not ideal, when we follow up, we would follow up with the team that manages these complaints. In some cases, complaints are reassigned if the case manager is not available.

To confirm, when are you returning back to Australia?

An International Day Pass charge is automatically applied when you use your services overseas in eligible destinations. Usage includes making or receiving a call, sending an SMS or using mobile data. If one of the services in Australia, you shouldn't be charged for an international day pass on that device. 

If you're looking to deactivate the International Day Pass for one of your phones, I would suggest switching off International Roaming as this will automatically disable the International Day Pass. You can find instructions on how to do this here 

Shaun1976

Thanks SharronD,

I return Thursday night, so I will be calling Telstra Friday to finally sort this out one way or another. 

Also I’m aware that the international day pass kicks in when we leave the country. However only one of the services did this left the country but both were connected. As soon as I disabled the other service still in Australia the 30+ messages about extra charges finally stopped. 

Now or I have received my new bill it also shows that my internet is still connected and I was charged for this month where I cancelled it nearly 3 weeks ago as the speeds were to slow. I was promised disconnection, $90 credit amd not charged for the final month. But once again that didn’t happen either. So now I have to deal with that all over again. It’s like half my life is spent calling Telstra to deal with there mistakes

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me @Shaun1976

I'll follow up with the team that is managing this complaint & request they get in contact with you on Friday. 

Being you have an open complaint, the case manager will be able to discuss any other billing concerns you have & assist you further.

Save yourself the time for now & try enjoy the rest of your time away. 

If for some reason you do not receive contact by close of business this Friday, please let us know here.

Shaun1976

Thankyou SharonD,

i was contacted on Friday, however they asked for another 10 days as they have worked out the the default was not due to the over charge it was due a seperation with my ex wife where she somehow got Telstra to remove her phone number from my account as we had a family account and she moved her mobile services into a seperate account but still managed to keep my name on the account. This means the bill she racked up I had to try and resolve and only paid to try and get the loan. Finally Telstra are admitting all there wrongs from the past, looks like the default has been removed now that know it wasn’t me. Little late for the home loan but if I could get the refund of what I had to pay due to Telstra letting her do this and 2 handsets then I’ll be happy and call it settled. But it’s the waiting that’s the issue, it would have taken almost a month to sort out something Telstra can clearly see already there mistakes. 

Support Team
Support Team

Thank you for confirming that you have been contacted by the case manager.

I do appreciate it maybe frustrating waiting to have this resolved.

Have you asked the case manager when the refund will be processed?

Shaun1976

All the case manager was able to tell me was that it will take a further 10 days as they need to look into this now. It’s like one thing gets sorted amd another thing happens. It took 10 days for someone to tell me the data wasn’t the cause it it was your ex wife. We it shouldn’t take 10 days to realise that if it was her then $900 I paid should be paid back to me and billed to her, then for the defaults and time wasted and hassle Telstra have put me through they could offer 2 new handsets and renew my phone plans to The $50p/m and I will walk away finally happy. If not I got Vodafone ready and waiting with there service. I know they arn’t the best, but they gotta be pretty bad to be worse than what I have gone through.

Support Team
Support Team

Really sorry to hear of your experience in this, Shaun. I'm sure your case manager will resolve the issue appropriately. Please keep us in the loop; as I look forward to seeing this finally addressed. - Matthew. 

Shaun1976

Thanks again MattyC,

got a call this morning where Telstra are allowing $1000 of of the credit to be refunded. This is all good but it’s the default I was really making the complaint about. They just don’t seem to understand that being a long time customer of Telstra I want them to fix this default, credit me the $900 I had to pay for my ex wife’s account and then for all the hassle supply me with 2 new iPhone handsets as a compassion payment due to the complete mess around and lack of listening on telstra’s behalf. Why is it so hard to talk to an Aussie to get this sorted once and for all. Another 10 days these people want and I still don’t think they understand what this has caused me and what I want.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update @Shaun1976

Great to read that the wheels are in motion to get this resolved and that a credit has been offered. Completely understand that having the default removed is important and hopefully this can be resolved once they get back to you. 

Shaun1976

The credit was added to my account after 3-4 years. This was never the issue. It was being it refunded to my account and the default. It always has been. But the case manager doesn’t seem to understand this. I can’t believe it took so long amd it was so hard to get some of my money that Telstra wrongly took so long ago. Now even though Telstra are wrong they still don’t have the decency to prioritise this, they have lost a customer due to the overseas call centres and this pathetic excuse for a resolution process. Telstra are wrong on more that 3 issues here, they have admitted to it all. I’ve been out of pocketbook for years due to this and missed the opportunity to get a family home due to a Telstra mistake, when I was told your system was faultless amd made to feel stupid and pay those bills. Poor effort Telstra. Not happy one bit

Shaun1976

<removed for your privacy>

Shaun1976

What a complete joke, after all this Telstra admit there were wrong and still no compensation, I don’t know if the $900 I didn’t have to pay will be paid back, no compensation due to the default put in my account that made me lose a home loan. Nothing, she just closed it. I was told on the phone if i want it to go any further then I need to take it further. Not only that another load of my time completely wasted on Telstra and there process. 

Shaun1976

Well it’s nice to see that there is nobody with Telstra that can help, or even tell me what’s going on now. Looks like fraud was commited when this other account was opened in my name, Telstra have admitted they were wrong. It looks like it’s time for a lawyer now. Thanks for nothing telstra

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Shaun1976,

I am sorry that the complaints case wasn't resolved to your liking, I can see how this would be a concerning scenario for you. 

If the case has been closed as 'dissatisfied' you are able to follow that up further through other channels, more on that here https://tel.st/fyq5d

Let me know if I can clarify further.

Angela 

Highlighted
Shaun1976

Thanks Angela, however Telstra have had there chance to rectify this. They have admitted wrong doing the whole way but now seem to want to just leave it as it is. Well it’s time everyone in Australia knew. I’ve now emailed a few television stations and am going public with this pathetic attempt from Telstra, I bet they have done it to a lot of other people in the past as well. 

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now