Beachgrob
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Who is responsible for BPAY View within Telstra?

Answered

I receive my Telstra bill each month via email. I bank with CommBank and use the BPAY View facility whereby Telstra send my bill details to the bank and I can then get it paid automatically from my CommBank account. I do this with a number of billers (council rates, electricity, water etc) and they all work fine. On a number of occasions my Telstra bill does not come through or is late - not a very helpful situation. If I ring Telstra billing, not one person I have spoken to knows anything about BPAY View - all they do is confirm that I am receiving my bill online! They suggest I ring the bank! But it is Telstra's responsibility to send my bill data to the bank in the first place!

Is there anyone within Telstra that is responsible for the delivery of my bill to the bank? If so, what are their contact details?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Who is responsible for BPAY View within Telstra?

Best way to get a response would be to lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints as the frontline consultants won't have access to check if anything has gone wrong with the process.

You will need to be able to provide details of when the process has failed (bill numbers and dates) so that they can locate the information.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Accepted Solution

Best way to get a response would be to lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints as the frontline consultants won't have access to check if anything has gone wrong with the process.

You will need to be able to provide details of when the process has failed (bill numbers and dates) so that they can locate the information.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Beachgrob

Thanks for your suggestion.
My experience with the complaints process is that it isn't exactly timely. Currently I get my bill on (or about) the 14th of the month to be paid on the 1st of the next month. It normally appears in the bank 2 days later. I have been using this process for a number of years. All of the other organisations I mentioned above follow a similar timing. For some unknown reason on some occasions my Telstra bill will not arrive 2 days later. I do get a reminder from Telstra that the bill is due so I then ring Telstra and get the 'never heard of BPAY View' response and 'ring your bank'! On 2 occasions the bill miraculously arrived the next day - somebody in Telstra does know something??
When I discover my bill is not at the bank and the due date is imminent I would like to be able to discuss this there and then with a Telstra billing person and get it sorted once and for all.

See my previous response about frontline consultants not having that information or access (your previous discussions with them only reinforce that point).

Then lodge a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints and get it sorted once and for all. There is no other option.
Beachgrob

Well there may be other options - I think I might just wait until someone from Telstra reads this post.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Beachgrob, thank you for letting us know. The best way to get this looked into further is to lodge a complaint via the link above and our team can go from there in getting this looked into.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Beachgrob

2 issues  ……….

The whole purpose of crowd support (to at least me) is that people can search for answers to problem that they may have. I am absolutely sure that there are other people out there who are wanting to know how Telstra deals with BPAY View bills and who to contact within Telstra when there is a problem between Telstra and the persons bank. By me lodging a personal complaint rather than a responsible person from Telstra answering these fairly simple questions in crowd support, none of your other customers get the information.

So I repeat my initial request.

Secondly, I thought the person who made the original request was the one to decide if the a reply was accepted as the solution. So who decided for this post? I certainly haven't!!  

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Beachgrob,

I apologise for any confusion, please know that we don't have account access via this medium & nor would we want to share your private info in the public forum. Once the complaint is placed, escalated & resolved you are welcome to share an overview of the case here, but please bear in mind that you should not include any of your personal info.

In regards to how the 'accepted solution' works you'll find the info here https://tel.st/sj495 

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Beachgrob

Totally confused by both your responses!!

I didn't ask you about my personal details - I wanted to know who in Telstra I could contact about BPAY View.

Thanks for the details about "accepted solutions". It clearly states in there that the original poster is the persons that accepts a post as the solution. As I haven't accepted a post as the solution to my original post, whos has accepted it???

Support Team
Support Team

I can't investigate your account to look into the issue you have experiencing with B-pay view, that means I don't know if the issue is isolated to your account or if there is some sort or lack with all customers that use that service. 

In regards to how your post got accepted when you did not do that, I have no way of being able to look into that either, although if it is of concern to you it can be addressed & escalated as part of the complaint. 

Via social media we are very limited  in how we can assist. 

The complaints form  does allow you to copy & paste into it so that should save you some time. The other option is to call 132200, or chat with billing re the B-Pay View issue  https://tel.st/tnr6p

Angela 

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now