Highlighted
TCataldo
Level 1: Cadet

Why do i keep getting billed for calls i never made?

Answered
Each month i get bill for 13 numbers, MOST of these calls i NEVER make. the calls are made at a ridiculous time (when i am asleep), i have to google the number to know what it actually is, and when i called to talk to a consultant last time she did not believe me that i did not make these calls. i think this is extremely wrong to bill someone for something they did not do. If this continues to happen, i will change phone companies. i have bills that go back to december last year and we were being billed incorrectly back then as well. I'm OVER IT!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Why do i keep getting billed for calls i never made?

If it is a number like 0313452049 and the call lasts for under 10 seconds, it is a Back to Base Alarm system.

Depending on how the system is set up, it should only do this once a week (or twice, one after the other if it is set up like mine).  If it is doing it any more often than that, you should call you security provider and get it reprogrammed.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Support Team
Support Team

Hi TCataldo, 

Welcome to CrowdSupport. 

Do you have a back to base alarm at all? As quite often people to not realise this makes a call, and in most cases is a 13 number. Have you been able to identify who the number belongs to? 

Ivan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Accepted Solution

If it is a number like 0313452049 and the call lasts for under 10 seconds, it is a Back to Base Alarm system.

Depending on how the system is set up, it should only do this once a week (or twice, one after the other if it is set up like mine).  If it is doing it any more often than that, you should call you security provider and get it reprogrammed.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
zb1945

I have been received 2 accounts of Third Party Purchases ,when I already stop this dialogue Communicat in June.

Details:ABN,56108346854......I hope you can help me ! I need my money back....Sincerely.Zoila Caceres

@Jupiter wrote:

dede66

I have been charged for numbers I havent called for months now . I went to the local store and they could not help. The last time I was overseas!

@TCataldo wrote:
Each month i get bill for 13 numbers, MOST of these calls i NEVER make. the calls are made at a ridiculous time (when i am asleep), i have to google the number to know what it actually is, and when i called to talk to a consultant last time she did not believe me that i did not make these calls. i think this is extremely wrong to bill someone for something they did not do. If this continues to happen, i will change phone companies. i have bills that go back to december last year and we were being billed incorrectly back then as well. I'm OVER IT!!!

CTZDLS

Hi OP,

Did you ever end up sorting this out? I am going through the same deal at the moment- 1300 numbers being dialed from my home phone account in the middle of the night- when i'm asleep and even whe I don't physically own a phone to be able to make the calls.  Smiley Mad

Support Team
Support Team

Hello CTZDLS

Have you spoken to a Team Member in regards to these calls on your service, they will be able to help you.

You can contact us onlne using the following link: http://tel.st/49kl , or via 132200, a free call from a Telstra service.

- Kath 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

CTZDLS

Hi Kathleen, thanks for your reply- I have already spoken with Telstra and am waiting for Management to respond pending the conclusion of their investigation. I have been very curious as to why this unusual behaviour has been taking place on my account and am eagerly waiting a resolution in the matter.

Thanks again, 

CTZDLS

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know we are investigating this CTZDLS 

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now