CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
aheng
Level 3: Gumshoe

Why do you make it so hard for me to like you?

Answered

I have been with Telstra for about 12+ years.  As a phone, mobile and internet service provider, you have been good though expensive but I appreciate that you are there when I need you. But I have to say this end here.

Your billings area and customer contact area leaves me raging with frustration, anger and hate. Why do you make it so hard for me - your customers to like you?

I have been trying to sort out my billing issues with you as early as Sept 2011. It dragged on till Nov 2011 and eventually I lost patience and went to the ombudsman. You assigned a Case manager to me to Case managed my account, he was great, he made me feel good about being with you again and assured me that everything is going to be fine for 2012.

2012 came and we are now approaching the end of a quarter, I still receive the odd bills from you - $0.00 owing on this account, $32.63 credit in that account. So I went to your store they said they can't help me becuase it is case managed.

And out of the blue 3 days ago, you sent me a bill for $965.60 owing with no other information on what it is for and the breakdown for it. No prior bills sent to me, your call centre tells me I should have received them on my email - checked it - nothing. Went to my accounts page on your website - nothing.

Why do you keep doing this to me? Why? Are you trying to hint me that you don't want me as a customer any longer?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Why do you make it so hard for me to like you?

Wow, it sounds really bad.

The call centres now have dedicated "Resolution Teams" who are the Best of the Best (Kinda like case managers).

You have a few options - Call 13 22 00 and say "Complaints" or jump onto the 24/7 LiveChat (https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer) and have a chat with one of the Adelaide guys or girls. I've personally found them to be really good.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F
Accepted Solution

I think that your point has been made.

I've flagged this thread as there is nothing that this community can do to help you with your issues, apart from advice around how to deal with Telstra which I've provided.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Ben_F
Accepted Solution

Wow, it sounds really bad.

The call centres now have dedicated "Resolution Teams" who are the Best of the Best (Kinda like case managers).

You have a few options - Call 13 22 00 and say "Complaints" or jump onto the 24/7 LiveChat (https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer) and have a chat with one of the Adelaide guys or girls. I've personally found them to be really good.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

aheng

I am still waiting....now talking to a Case manager....and he says "Why don't I pay my bills?" and That I haven't paid my bills since Aug 2011. I have on record that I have paid my bills right up to Dec 2011. Come Jan 2012 -- March 2012, I have not seen a bill. Gone to my account on the Telstra webpage and it says "There are no services currently associated with this account." What can I do? What do you want me to do? I rang you, went to your shop....what more can I do? You want me to pay my bills, show me the bills, send me the bills!!!! 

aheng

You have been sending me bills for the past 12+ years and I have been paying my bills faithfully for the past 12 years.  

Now you move me to this new billing systems and I start getting billing issues and troubles. Now I am not getting my bills, and you tell me I have to go online to get my bills. Not only that, you now tell me I have to pay an extra $2 to get paper bills. What the.....???? It scares me to think that I now I have ceive through all the crap and junk mail to find your bills so that I can pay it. 

Can someone up there get some sense and see what's wrong????? See what I mean - you really go hard to make your customers dislike you........don't you???

Ben_F

@aheng wrote:

I am still waiting....now talking to a Case manager....and he says "Why don't I pay my bills?" and That I haven't paid my bills since Aug 2011. I have on record that I have paid my bills right up to Dec 2011. Come Jan 2012 -- March 2012, I have not seen a bill. Gone to my account on the Telstra webpage and it says "There are no services currently associated with this account." What can I do? What do you want me to do? I rang you, went to your shop....what more can I do? You want me to pay my bills, show me the bills, send me the bills!!!! 

Sounds like your account has been moved onto the new Billing System Manually. What that sounds like is that your paying the old account and not the new one.

Whilst these may or may not be your fault (I'm not sure) they can all be fixed.

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F

@aheng wrote:

You have been sending me bills for the past 12+ years and I have been paying my bills faithfully for the past 12 years.  

Now you move me to this new billing systems and I start getting billing issues and troubles. Now I am not getting my bills, and you tell me I have to go online to get my bills. Not only that, you now tell me I have to pay an extra $2 to get paper bills. What the.....???? It scares me to think that I now I have ceive through all the crap and junk mail to find your bills so that I can pay it. 

Can someone up there get some sense and see what's wrong????? See what I mean - you really go hard to make your customers dislike you........don't you???

It sounds like you requested a new product that wasn't available on the new systems (Freedom Connect Plans, Bundles etc.).

The $2.00 fee only applies if you get a Bundle or a Freedom Connect Plan and you don't have internet access. This is a condition of the product and is clearly contained in the product information that should be sent to you.

You can choose the email address the bills are sent to, and you can choose to receive a paper bill at an additional expense if you so desire.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

aheng

That had been the problem which was identified earlier in Dec 2011. I was told everything will be fine for 2012 and guess what - it ain't fine. I am still coping it rough. Time for the ombudsman to deal with this. I had enough.

I don't think I can deal with talking with anyone from Telstra again after my last call. They had like a conference call betwwen a Case Manager, a telstra custoerm service support agent and myself. And that's not including that automated Voice message interrupting us halfway. I don't even know who I am talking to and if I am suppose to talk in the first place. Each time I call Telstra, I end up with a massive head spin and wondering what had been achieve if any.

aheng

I am done. I can't seem to get through to them. I better leave the ombudsman to deal with this.

I am the customer and yet I feel **bleep**ty about being the customer. Something just doesn't resonate right ---!!! Despair!

Ben_F

@aheng wrote:

I am done. I can't seem to get through to them. I better leave the ombudsman to deal with this.

I am the customer and yet I feel **bleep**ty about being the customer. Something just doesn't resonate right ---!!! Despair!

Sure, if you feel the TIO is required then so be it.

Just so you know, Escalations to the TIO have a minimum 10 day lead time, so don't expect them to wave a magical wand to fix it instantly.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

aheng

At least I don't have to feel aggravted and made to feel like I am not paying my bills......

aheng

I don't think that they are treating me as the customers right. I have already gone all out to reach out to Telstra and say, 'Hello - I am having some issues here with my account !!!!! Can someone help me.....???' yet. All they seem to want to do is...pay up, you owe me $$$$ or we'll terminate your account.

Ben_F
Accepted Solution

I think that your point has been made.

I've flagged this thread as there is nothing that this community can do to help you with your issues, apart from advice around how to deal with Telstra which I've provided.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

aheng

Thanks for listening my frustration. I was once proud of the fact that I am with Telstra especially when my other friends on rival networks didn't get or have phone reception issues. 

I am still happy that I am mostly able to get network access. But all this billing drama has serious tarnish my trust and affinity with Telstra. This is how most great companies starts falling apart by neglecting their customers especially those who have been loyal to them all these years. These companies seem to forget that the reason why they are a great company is becuase it is their customers that made them great.

aheng

Afterall, who am I but a puny little  - 1 isolated customer out of millions. I guess they won't even notice if they have one customer lesser than before.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi aheng,

Sorry for attending to your post this late into the conversation.

Ben_F has flagged your complaint to our team, and we would like to extend our hand to assist you further.

If you are happy to provide us with your details and a brief explanation of what has happened via the link below, we'll be sure to look into this for you as soon as possible:

http://telstra.com/24x7help

Please be sure to include a contact number and best times to call you should we need to get in touch.

Regards, 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Chesh
Level 1: Cadet

Hiya aheng,

I know your thread has been marked as 'Solved' however, from what I have read I don't feel that is a true statement, more like it was 'shut down'......Smiley Frustrated

As a long term, loyal, full service Telstra customer (27+ years) I too have been in a number of similar frustrating billing drama's over the years. I know first hand how you must be feeling and it's not a pleasant one..... Smiley Wink

It's been 2 months or so since your last post and I was just wondering:

• Has your billing drama finally been sorted out?
  • How long did it take?
  • Did the action taken by the Telstra Moderator prove to be helpful?
  • Are you still finding it hard to like Telstra?

Looking forward to hearing how things have gone.... (fingers crossed it has been sorted)

Chesh.

adiskay

I believe this happens systematically, 1 customer after another until they come across a submissive one who doesn’t ask too many questions, assuming Telstra is right. Feeling helpless and paying the bill hoping next month will be ok lol Smiley Happy 

Jodi2759

Oooh but you are not 1 isolated customer out of millions.....

I am in a very similar situation to you. My billing issues started around the same time (Sept 2011). Telstra have claimed that I have not paid a bill since May 2011.....yet my service continues...albeit shaped every time a new bill is due because of this painful and ridiculous issue of no bills, some bills, outrageous bills (today I received a bill for $829 with arrears in it that were supposedly transferred from the "other account" three weeks ago!!!!).

I'm over it - I've just paid the stupid $829 that I KNOW IS WRONG because I just can't deal with the endless hours on the phone, being cold transferred and having to provide POI every transfer, to achieve nothing, zip, nada, in the way of resolution. Resolutions team? Yep so they resolve one month and give you a nice little credit of $11.00 for your inconvenience.... riiiiiight. $11.00 doesn't even cover one tenth of the cost  of an hour for me spend on a Telstra Resolution phone call. Then it's right back to the same old same old.

I'll say it loud and I'll say it clear. I HATE Telstra - I hate the ridiculous jump through our hoops customer service, I hate the rudeness and the downright bastardry of some of the overseas call centre operators <Removed inappropriate content>

I bought a T-Hub a few months ago - it doesn't work. I've made several calls. I've since bought a new "gateway"/modem to try and get the hub to connect to the internet long enough to make the software update downloads that it obviously needs to work. The modem can't be activated because there is some kind of problem with the account...this issue is now 4 months old and still not resolved. Someone from Technical Support was going to call me back last Thursday (28th June).... still waiting...

If I could take my service elsewhere I would.

I'm going to let my overpayments continue to add up. I'll go the TIO when the time is right and will make a huge noise about "Telscar" if for no other outcome than to make me feel better about things. That will be the only outcome really, because at the end of the day, the enterprise is too big, and has been incredibly poorly run and managed for a very long period of time, for any real customer service change to be evident.

It is just too painful to have to deal with this stuff day in day out, month after month. I have better things to do with my time, like earning a living - so that I can afford your expensive ransom, err overcharging!

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now