CrowdSupport®
whyisitsoslow
Level 2: Rookie

Why is Telstra so slow to process a bill payment?

Answered

Why does it take such a long time for a bill payment to show up on My Telstra account page.

I paid my current bill at about 2am on Saturday the 31st and over 30 hours later my bill on your website is still not showing up as paid (even though I know I have paid because I've got the receipt from when I paid and the money left my bank account as soon as I paid the bill on Saturday)..

I can show the receipt and my bank statement as proof.

Why is is so slow for a bill payment to process.

Why can't Telstra improve their customer service?

If you want a job done well do it yourself.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Why is Telstra so slow to process a bill payment?

There is currently fault in the billing systems that is preventing the payments from showing up in the customer's interface even though the payments themselves are going through. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Accepted Solution

There is currently fault in the billing systems that is preventing the payments from showing up in the customer's interface even though the payments themselves are going through. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
wearingmeout

Having the same issue. Paid my account on 29/08/19 and still not showing as paid on either 24/7 or my account. To make it even better my calls have been constantly dropping out today and my Telstra+ gold tier points have simply vanished. Good on you Telstra. Keep up the good work.

whyisitsoslow

That sucks.

Did you have many points?

I read on an older Crowdsupport post / question that they used a legacy system and that was why the payment process takes such a long time but apparently that ended in 2018, so makes you wonder what their excuse is now lol.

Still I've had bad experiences with Optus too, so I think most telcos seem as bad as each other but I like that Telstra still lets you pay in their shops unlike Optus (their Erina Fair shop is crap, 1 casheir, sometimes qeues way outside the front of the store and you can't pay your bills there).

I hope Telstra can help you with your problem too.

whyisitsoslow

Thanks.

Hopefully my next bill doesn't show up with a late payment from this last bill.

I think Telstra's been having more problems since they changed their website (sometimes it seems to take a long time to log out too, problems logging in, etc).

Still I've had bad experiences with other telcos too lol.

wearingmeout

Yeah it has been a frustrating day, one of many with Telstra in the last few weeks. I am sure though that as per usual they will resolve their "technical issues" and my points will magically reappear, my bill will show up as paid and I will be able to call my Mother without being constantly disconnected. I live in hope.

Highlighted
purple_jellie
Level 1: Cadet

I paid my bill on the 27/08 & it's still not showing up as paid. In the past it was just the app & the account showed as paid at Telstra website but not at the moment - both showing my bill as over due.

whyisitsoslow

I just sent Telstra a Tweet on their Twitter account. There's no way I'll be paying them an overdue fee for their screw up. If they say my payment is overdue I can send them my bank statement and the receipt from when I paid the bill. To me Telstra needs to fix their crap up. A massive company which most ISPs rely on and their own services aren't reliable.

whyisitsoslow

Finally my bill says it's been paid... stress gone... whew!!!! LOL.

I had a bit of a whinge on Telstra's Facebook account.Screenshot_20190902-111103_Chrome.jpg

Support Team
Support Team

Appreciate your patience, and the update. Glad to see its flowed through. Please let us know if there's anything you need. - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jj05

Is there still a delay?  I paid 3 days ago and still not showing as paid, but has been taken out of my bank account on 3/9

Support Team
Support Team

Hi jj05, depending on how the payment was made can have an impact on how long it takes to land onto your account. If you are concerned about this, our Billing Team can certainly assist. They are available via either LiveChat at  https://tel.st/ppwny or on 13 2200. 

You mentioned it was not showing still and can I ask if you are checking using your MyAccount  https://tel.st/l8uc7 and when and how did you make the payment?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

jj05

@MammaB wrote:

Hi jj05, depending on how the payment was made can have an impact on how long it takes to land onto your account. If you are concerned about this, our Billing Team can certainly assist. They are available via either LiveChat at  https://tel.st/ppwny or on 13 2200. 

You mentioned it was not showing still and can I ask if you are checking using your MyAccount  https://tel.st/l8uc7 and when and how did you make the payment?

There has been a Telstra issue with payments downloading- checking the 24/7 app it’s showing overdue and I paid it via bpay 3 days ago; 2 days BEFORE due date. This issue is causing problems- can you please provide an update when this will be fixed!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @jj05

Just checking in to see how you went and if you need any further help or support?

- Stef

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now