CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Sue_Namie
Level 1: Cadet

billing questions

Answered

Hi

I bought a telstra pre-paid phone that came with $10 credit that had to be used by 6 December. I renewed it with a $30 recharge on 3 December as I happened to be passing a Telstra shop on that day. My only activity was on 4 December for amounts totalling $4.45. Yet my balance is showing as $25.55, not the $30 I would expect. Does recharging the mobile automatically wipe out existing balances? It doesn't seem fair if that's the case.

Also, is there an email or online form help service, I don't like the phone or crowdsupport help much.

thanks

Sue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: billing questions

Hi Sue,

The $10 initial credit is normally shown as bonus credit rather than your main account credit. Bonus credit does not roll over when you recharge like your main credit balance will. If you want to check what is happening I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team (there's a link in my signature) so we can look into what has happened

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi Sue,

The $10 initial credit is normally shown as bonus credit rather than your main account credit. Bonus credit does not roll over when you recharge like your main credit balance will. If you want to check what is happening I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team (there's a link in my signature) so we can look into what has happened

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Sue_Namie
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Ashley

thanks for your response. I contacted the chat service and they said some glitch caused an error with the bonus credit, and that it will be fixed.

Sue

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now