Highlighted
57stones-
Level 3: Gumshoe

billing

Answered

It is un fair to charge your customers credit card fees . why penilize your customers for wanting to use their credit cards to pay their bill ? All fees like this should be removed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
57stones-
Accepted Solution

Re: billing

I am fully aware as to who is exempted I want to know why all of Telstra customers are also exempted . thru no fault of my own and because I choose to be a loyal long term customer I get charged fees . This is not a fair system it is discriminating . More of Telstra customers should speak up about these un just fees

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Level 20: Director

Hello,

Reasons as to why fee's are charged -

http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/credit-card-payment-processing-fees

We charge a fee for use of some options which incur higher administration costs for us.

There are many payment options to acoid these chargers.

https://onlinebilling.telstra.com.au/billing/action/payment/howtopay?tR=3ma

Thanks.

Level 25: The Singularity

The reason why many businesses charge fees for accepting credit cards is that the credit card companies charge businesses for the privilege of accepting their credit cards as forms of payment.  The charge varies according to the type of card.  Visa and Mastercard typically have the lowest fees as they have the greatest turnover/client base.  AMEX and Diners charge a lot more as they have fewer customers.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
57stones-

sorry this not a good enough reasdon you should obsorb the cost and not pass that onto your customers who are just wanting to pay their bills it's like double dipping  "Oh here is your bill and by the way he is another bill for paing your bill "

57stones-

This is a very weak excuse a company like telstra that post record profits every year should be able to obsorb these cost not pass the cost onto their customers who unlike them getting any profits All we customers are doing is paying our bill

That is why I don't use my Credit Card to pay my phone bill, or Petrol, or most other things unless I can't avoid it. Already get charged by the Credit Card company for the privilege of using it, don't really want to get charged by them again through the retailler for using it as well.

I find it far fairer for a company to say upfront that they are charging you extra for paying by Credit Card than just upping the prices for everyone to cover the cost.

An unfortunate fact of business these days is that a companies primary responsibility is to their shareholders, not their customers, and as long as everyone else is charging a Credit Card payment fee, then there is no real business case to change it.

And no, I have never worked for Telstra and I am not a Shareholder.  Just a customer.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 20: Director

A very cool customer at that Smiley Happy
57stones-

I have found out recently that some customers are exempted from having to pay credit card fees and they also don't get charged a fee to have their bill sent by post . Telstra prides it self on "helping the customer "  If they are so innovative and so into helping and want to be the a " stand out company"  that does every thing better for  the customer then drop all fees . This will NEVER happening because Telstra are the master of "lip service ". Oh by the way have any of you had the misfortune to visit a Telstra store and foolish ask to be served  . Good luck with that

Support Team
Support Team

The Credit Card Processing Fee and Paper Bill charge is exempted from a range of customers. These include those who have valid pension, veteran affairs and disability concessions.  

The full range of eligible concessions are:

Age Pension, card code AGE, AGE BLIND
Carer Payment recipient, card code CAR
Disability support pension, card code DSP, DSP BLIND
Mature age allowance, card code MAA
Mature age partner allowance, card code MPA
Newstart allowance, (with either a partial capacity to work between 15-29 hours per week or who are a single principal carer) card code NSA
Newstart mature age allowance, card code NMA
Parenting Payment (Partnered), card code PPP
Parenting Payment (Single), card code PPS (PCC version only, not HCC)
Partner Allowance, card code PTA 
Sickness Allowance, card code SAL 
Special Benefit (over 60), card code SPL
Widow Allowance, card code WDA
Widow B Pension, card code WID 
Wife Pension, card code WFA, WFD, WFW
Youth Allowance (with either a partial capacity to work between 15-29 hours per week or who are a single principal carer), card code YAL

If you have a valid concession, then all you need to do is chat with us and provide the concession details. Our system will then verify the eligibility with the appropriate department.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

57stones-
Accepted Solution

I am fully aware as to who is exempted I want to know why all of Telstra customers are also exempted . thru no fault of my own and because I choose to be a loyal long term customer I get charged fees . This is not a fair system it is discriminating . More of Telstra customers should speak up about these un just fees
57stones-

I would like to know as to WHY other customers are also not as outraged as I am about these exemptions as to who is penalized for wanting to receive a paper statement and also a fee for using your credit card . Has Telstra totally beaten each and everyone of their customers to just except these un just and discriminating fees . . have we just become one of the many 'sheep in Telstra flock " . Where they can feed us any lame and poor excuse to keep sting us as they like . I guess like all sheep they will led us to our slaughter  . I am counting the days ,weeks and months to the end of contruct with them . I find that as long as I have been with Telstra and it has been most of my adult life that they with each year have less and less respect for their loyal long term customers . My advice to all and new customers be very careful .They are wolves in Sheeps clothing

There is very little outrage as they are the same fees that are applied by most businesses htese days, not just Telcos. Most utilities companies charge you extra for paying by Credit Card and I wish I could get rid of the rest of the Paper Bills. Much prfer them electronically as they are much less likely to get overlooked or lost as I don't trust our postie 100% for good reasons (my Phone Bill appears in my Bank Account, my Credit Card Bills get emailled to me and a lot of my post ends up all over the neighbourhood).

57stones-

NO !NO!NO !this is not soloved Yeah you would love to have this issue swept under the carpet . As I am "NEW to all this I pressed the wrong box No this issue is  a million miles from ever being soloved . It will never be soloved because way to many Telstra customer are to scared afarid to speak up . YOU HAVE NOT HEARD the last of this from  .

SerdarJi
Level 1: Cadet

Re: billing credit card surcharge

there is no valid reason for the extra charge on credit card payments. the fact is that telstra gets the money into their account immediatly, and earns interst from day one. also account keeping paper work costs are minimised.

LJW225

Hi,

I trust that you are well, please can Telsra explain why the following numbers & charges keep coming up on my bill?

01 Mar 10:10am 13 Numbers 03137228 02:58 0.400 0.400
01 Mar 10:20am 13 Numbers 03131314 11:28 0.400 0.400
01 Mar 03:13pm 13 Numbers 03132265 01:59 0.400 0.400
01 Mar 04:04pm 13 Numbers 03132265 01:40 0.400 0.400
09 Mar 10:59am 13 Numbers 03132265 07:51 0.400 0.400
11 Mar 07:49pm 13 Numbers 1300664335 00:40 0.400 0.400
13 Mar 02:58pm 13 Numbers 03137228 23:24 0.400 0.400
13 Mar 03:43pm 13 Numbers 03137228 02:50 0.400 0.400
13 Mar 04:37pm 13 Numbers 03136100 09:18 0.400 0.400
13 Mar 05:02pm 13 Numbers 03136100 09:44 0.400 0.400
13 Mar 06:31pm 13 Numbers 03136100 08:12 0.400 0.400
15 Mar 11:35am 13 Numbers 1300367325 03:19 0.400 0.400
15 Mar 12:13pm 13 Numbers 1300131024 01:18 0.400 0.400
15 Mar 01:00pm 13 Numbers 1300131024 07:17 0.400 0.400
14 Mar 07:15am Information 19 Numbers 1902228173 00:13 0.275 0.275

Many Thanks in advance..

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi LJW225

To discuss your billing concerns in more detail, please speak with our 24x7 Billing Team  http://tel.st/hsc3 as they have access to your account and therefore can investigate what these charges are. 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Redwood3

I paid my bill on 24th March via BPay yet today 14th April , the statement shows that it hadn't been paid. I refuse to pay interest for overdue funds on an account which was paid 3 weeks ago. What is going on??? 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Redwood3, 

Sorry to hear of your payment concern. 

Have you been in contact with our Billing team on the above details to help look into it? 

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now