Swanydave
Level 1: Cadet

cannot pay

i am on a disability support pension and have gotten behind on my account. I was signed up to the worst plan ever by some young bloke, that gives me 3gb a month for my pad, and 1gb for my phone. I did not have a clue about any of this, but i swear he is still having a laugh at what he signed me up for. $95 a month, and $10 per gig if you go over, now im in the red, im paying $100 a fortnight,i can not pay anymore, but i still get charged $95 a month, have only call recieving, dont enve get the 4 gig a month, but still have to pay for it, can anyone give me any advice as to how i can get out of this mess, thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Wizard2
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: cannot pay

Have you been in touch with the Telstra Mobile Billing team as of yet to see what they can do? I find that their live chat service tends to be more understanding to these types of situations.

Let me know if you need the link for them. It's just a simple Google search away Smiley Happy
The internet is a wonderful place.

I am a Telstra Employee however i am posting in my own time. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstras. I am a customer of Telstra.
ProfessorPhone
Level 11: Detective

Re: cannot pay

Hello
Telstra have a Financial Hardship program

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/about-us/community-environment/pdf/Telstra-Financial-Har...

If you feel more comfortable speaking, you ring 132200 and you say "Payment Options" and ask to speak to a person who handles Payment Hardship.
If my advice has helped you, I would be most appreciative if you can click on the "Like" button. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more