Jaykay37
Level 2: Rookie

change of name issues

I have contacted Telstra three times to change my name and have supplied the relevant supporting documents. I called again today to check if this request will be processed and was advised I have to go into a Telstra store. This is very inconvenient and was only told this after the third time. Why can't this be done through the online change of name portal that Telstra have set up? Has anyone else had this issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Support Team
Support Team

Re: change of name issues

Hi @Jaykay37

It is not good to read of the poor experience you have had with the change of name. We would like to be able to complete all name changes via our online form but regrettably there are times where we need to verify documents in-store.

I apologise for any frustration or inconvenience caused by this. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jaykay37

I have been to a store three times. Every time they are too busy and I'm not waiting half an hour to change my name on my account. The online form doesn't even get sent any where. It goes to cyber space somewhere so your reasoning that you gave me is BS. I just want to change my name so I can move my number to another carrier. I am so disgusted with Telstra I do not want to have to deal with them anymore.
Level 20: Director

@Jaykay37 Did you try and change your name via Telstra's online portal here!

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Jaykay37,

If you're not having any luck with the online form Ozmoz linked, this will need to be organised in store. If you want to save time you can book an appointment online by finding your local store and selecting 'make an appointment'.

Let me know how you go.

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jaykay37

Thanks but I've completed this form and uploaded my documents five times. Get a system that actually works and your customers will actually be happy. Maybe J should send through 100 requests online and bombard Telstra until something is done.
paulparker
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Jaykay37,    suggest at times is need prove your ID face to face,  mostly is to protect both you and those close to you.

The changing of a persons name is common in many frauds, once name changed the person using original name does not recognize the scams are happening .

Well worth reading :

https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/scams/identity-fraud

Unfortunately, it has become very easy for someone to steal your personal details and carry out illegal activities in your name. However, you can take steps to protect yourself from identity fraud by following the tips below.

This link is shows how a Perth real estate agent sold an investment property without the owner's knowledge !

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/scammers-con-real-estate-agent-into-selling-house-ng-8bcb2e21472470...

Linux :-)
desktop openSUSE Leap 15.0 (x86_64) GNOME
mobile: Galaxy S8 Android

NBN-Wireless

@Jaykay37 wrote:
Thanks but I've completed this form and uploaded my documents five times. Get a system that actually works and your customers will actually be happy. Maybe J should send through 100 requests online and bombard Telstra until something is done.

@Jaykay37 Well you have been offered the suggestion of booking in a time at your own convenience to have it sorted, so now its up to you.

We can't change how things are done at Telstra via Crowd Support,  but you can send in some feedback should you so desire (Someone else here can supply a link if you are interested in doing that).

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now