Highlighted
madscientist1
Level 2: Rookie

content charges

Answered

I am getting charged a 95 cent per day content fee and don't know what it is for. How can I find out? My usage history only says "content". 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
madscientist1
Accepted Solution

Re: content charges

Hi there,

I rang Telstra and they told me the charge is from a VIP Chat. I have never subscribed to any VIP chat. They cancelled my subscription and gave me the companies toll free number and a reference number confirming the subscription had been cancelled. I just don't understand how these things appear on my phone as I am very careful with my phone. I never download and only use my phone for texting or making and receiving phone calls. Very odd, but hopefully I have it sorted!  I think Telstra do this....I was annoyed at my customer service rep as he was accusing me of subscribing, blah, blah...I was getting angry, and then how can he so easily unsuscribe me and then guarantee to me I will not be getting a 95 cent per day charge again. Dodgey!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Try speaking to mobile billing via 13 22 00 and they should be able to find out what it is

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
madscientist1
Accepted Solution

Hi there,

I rang Telstra and they told me the charge is from a VIP Chat. I have never subscribed to any VIP chat. They cancelled my subscription and gave me the companies toll free number and a reference number confirming the subscription had been cancelled. I just don't understand how these things appear on my phone as I am very careful with my phone. I never download and only use my phone for texting or making and receiving phone calls. Very odd, but hopefully I have it sorted!  I think Telstra do this....I was annoyed at my customer service rep as he was accusing me of subscribing, blah, blah...I was getting angry, and then how can he so easily unsuscribe me and then guarantee to me I will not be getting a 95 cent per day charge again. Dodgey!!

Jacqui_Sue
Level 1: Cadet

I am having the exact same issue but the Telstra guy in the Indian call centre can't seem to figure out how to fix it although he seems to think it is from some Sports Chat thing. I have not subscribed to anything like this  - can you offer any further info about how your issue was resolved please?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jacqui_Sue, 

I can certainly understand that charges for Third Party Purchase can be very frustrating if you don't know where they're originating from.  These charges can be anything from ringtones you have purchased to voting or entering a competition. Most third parties require payment, or a series of payments for their content which Telstra pays to the provider on your behalf. We then include these charges on your bill.

Third party charges are for a subscription based product. We have in depth in instructions on what to do with this to get it cancelled that you can read through here http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Mobiles/Third-Party-Content-VS-Premium-Content-amp-How...

If you have queries, complaints or issues of any kind – please first contact the service provider. If their details aren’t listed on your bill, simply use the 19 Service Finder at http://19SMS.com.au by entering the 19 number and the date that appears on your bill. This website  will give you details of the company that is charging you for content and tell you how to unsubscribe.

Telstra also provides the option of barring premium services completely. Barring is free, and you won’t be charged for Premium SMS services once they’re barred. Barring won’t restrict your other services – but please be aware, it may take up to one business day to take effect.  

Simply call us, or complete the form at http://telstra.com/psms-barring to bar Premium SMS. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more