CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ofiglasses
Level 1: Cadet

direct debit not working

I have had mobile and broadband direct debit for decades with Telstra. Last 2 months have not been actioned automatically and late fees applied on both accounts. Betting it will happen again in July.  I spent more than an hour discussing with Telstra - the outcome: remove my CC direct debit card number and re-enter the exact same details.  This exact situation happened 2 years ago and never found out why. No cred. limit issues, bank has no explanation either.  I can't believe I am the only one who has experienced this.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: direct debit not working

Hello ofiglasses

I am sorry to read that the direct debit was not completed to pay the last 2 bills.

It does sound like charges did not process due to some small change in the card details, it is unusual if a new card or expiry date was not issued by the bank and thanks for letting us know the bank could not find a reason either.

Has this now been resolved after you have re entered the details or has there not been a new bill produced yet?.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now