CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
flurnim
Level 1: Cadet

early termination fees

Answered
Early termination fees: im curious about the costs of ending my current contract and pruchasing an iphone 5 in its place
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: early termination fees

If you cancel your Plan before your minimum term’s ended, you must pay an early termination charge (ETC). You can elect to pay a portion of the ETC each month until the end of your contract or pay a lump sum to end the contract immediately. 

The ETC can be different for every individual plan and mobile handset, so we can’t provide an estimate here. We’ve updated My Account so you can now find out information about early terminations of contracts (ETC) and the contract end date in My Account. This is only just the start of a new phase of ETC related information that will be available to customers on a Self Serve basis to help them find the information they need at the click of a button.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

If you cancel your Plan before your minimum term’s ended, you must pay an early termination charge (ETC). You can elect to pay a portion of the ETC each month until the end of your contract or pay a lump sum to end the contract immediately. 

The ETC can be different for every individual plan and mobile handset, so we can’t provide an estimate here. We’ve updated My Account so you can now find out information about early terminations of contracts (ETC) and the contract end date in My Account. This is only just the start of a new phase of ETC related information that will be available to customers on a Self Serve basis to help them find the information they need at the click of a button.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

henri_ling

Can early termination charges ETC's be found using online service's? Or can this information (ETC's) be added to online service's?

Level 22: Superhuman

henri_ling wrote:

Can early termination charges ETC's be found using online service's?

Not such that it will be tailored for your account or contract, and give you an accurate dollar amount.

You can find the name of the plan you're on and your contract expiry date in My Account, and you can find on Telstra.com the rules for determining how the applicable ETC is determined for your post-paid plan. It's up to you to use the rules and calculate the approximate amount (give or take a month's difference) of the ETC and the MRO on the basis of what you can see from previous bills and the contract end date in My Account, if you don't want to contact Telstra and queue for customer service.

Or can this information (ETC's) be added to online service's?

Possibly, but not today, and not on your say-so alone. Fair enough suggestion for a feature to be considered for future changes to My Account, though.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
henri_ling

Thank you Drat

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now