we were charged by telstra for warranty work work screwed up by telstra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: fault charge

Best thing to do in that case is to lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey truthsayer,

Can we have some more details of the nature of the fault and what went on? While @Jupiter's advice will probably get to the bottom of the problem some understanding of what has gone on would be good for the community - we might even be able to provide some clarity as to the whys and wherefores and reason thereofs.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

I assumed it was as a result of this post.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks @Jupiter! Yeah, the information was right, so long as it wasn't a subsequent port or anything beyond the network boundary, the work should have been covered.

A case manager will be properly equipped to investigate and resolve this one with you @truthsayer, let us know how you get on.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

truthsayer
Level 6: Bloodhound

we had issues with drop outs 

so had a technician come out to check and fix  this was  also a few days after we  got the new smart modem 2... the technician checked around placed a new wall plate  for telephone...

we lost  wifi and telephone from that  wall socket . so we moved  the modem to a new socket  and had it working..

the phone was checked at a different point and worked ...  a second technician came out  checked it out  and said he was not going to fix the  wall connection till  the drop outs were fixed.... after some time wife  managed to get a 3rd  technician out  and  he wondered why they disconnected the wiring and so prefixed and set up  to nbn settings , which we dont... the fixing of the wall socket they charged us for... but the wall plate and line  was damaged by the first technician and wife  found they  had charged us  for repairing the fault they had caused in the first place.... 

we were charged for warranty work  that the first technician damaged....

as we are pensioners, I suffer from Alzheimer's we struggle to keep bills paid.... is there a way to check and fix the issue of this payment 

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Truthsayer. 

As DanA and Jupter have advised, the best way for you to get this resolved is to raise a formal complaint which you can do online by filling out our complaint form here https://tel.st/t2qzg;

Once you have raised a complaint through the online form, you will see a complaint case reference number on the screen beginning with 'SR 1-' (be sure to write this down, if you can provide that to me I will note it here so that we can follow up on your behalf if required).

We will assign you a complaint case manager who will be in contact with you within 2-5 business days.

They will then work with you one on one until this problem is fully resolved or an agreeable solution can be reached. 

Please keep us updated, we want to make sure you get this resolved. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

truthsayer

Re: NBN How to connect Modem to wall socket

hey have had enough of technicians and so can  any one  put me onto  private technican so they can replace  the sockets the technicians robbed me off....

!) i originally had 5 they reduced me to  1 with phone plugged into  modem so when a black out occurs I lose  all telecommunication I dont have a mobile and I am house bound.....following images  are what the did to me  sorry cannot give pdf files here showing..I cannot get telstra to listen and fix the issue they created 

so any one know  a private electrician  that installs sockets so I can have the appropriate security for disabled in the south burnett kingaroy area \.

truthsayer

jupiter that link does not allow me to place pdf files.....

but I sent  directly to ceo...and rang them... complaints  is taking it to a group to talk about it..... I have been reducedfrom 5 to one socket and if I get a black out  also lose the landline as it is connect to the modem//// hhhmmmm  I am seeking a private contractor  to come in and fix then I am billing telstra...

I will also be contacting  the ombudsmen. and today tonight and get a story about it ......

ty for your help though

next year I am suppose to have nbn  

but I am going to wait as long as possible and hope my alzheimers hit full and I wont need. this area around us have fixed wireless and they get from dial up  speed to 25... peak hour you would be lucky as it is congested   

with all the issues I am starting to hate the internet 

Re: NBN How to connect Modem to wall socket

@truthsayer as you are on FTTN, when the power goes off you will lose your phone service whether you have the other sockets rewired or not. Unless you get a UPS for your Smartmodem Gen 2, in which case it will revert to the 4G backup.

I don't think you will be able to have 5 working outlets, pretty sure that the Smartmodem only has enough grunt to power 3 outlets (@Yastiandrie do you have any info on this?). You will need to get an electrician/cabler to install a single outlet panel near your modem, then plug the green port of your modem into this. The electrician/cabler can connect this to the outlets that you want to make operable.

truthsayer

jupiter my problems I can discribe 

take a A4 piece of paper 

draw a line in centre

on top section  draw 2 rectangles 

in one draw 2 squares. in the other  draw 3 squares.......

this was how our wall sockets were for 25 years.

after 3 technicians.....

on bottom half 

draw 2 rectangles 

in one draw 2 squares, in the other draw one square 

with a red biro  draw a cross over the  one rectangle with the single square.

the second rectangle draw a line separating the 2 squares 

now draw a red cross through one  of the squares...

what you have left is one square, this is what telstra technicians have left us.. and falling upon deaf ears and assistance  even after ringing complaint on 132200... and so we are still waiting for a call back...

it all started with drop  outs which eventually was fixed by platinum  do a remote connect and changing the setting in modem....... now if u have any power to help  to get telstra to give me all my out lets I had for 25 year I would be grateful 

I am not a whiner  I am just after  things to be restored  to what we had....

Support Team
Support Team

Hi truthsayer,

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back from us regarding the complaint that was raised.

Were you provided with a Complaints SR Reference number? If you were can you please provide it to me as this will allow me to follow this up with your Case Manager. 

truthsayer

in all  when the latest one turned up  they did not replace the triple gang socket. but jury rigged , yes jury rigged  the other socket  with a  filter  to a second socket leading to a third socket/ with  modem connection.

from it I found some disturbing  issues, one technicians form over seas have made many modem faulty with drop outs, this was fixed by platinum...

secondly  they are planning  to eradicate all land lines by 2023, so  we are all suppose to have smart phones. and with modems to have  ups  for  power outages. meaning  the customer  will be paying  more for telecommunication and a active  house phone

.....https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/costs/landline-telephones-set-to-vanish-completely-by-2037-tha...

THE humble landline telephone is living on borrowed time.

According to new research, the once-common household item will be completely extinct in Australian homes by 2037.

And by 2021, landlines will only be found in half of all Australian houses.

so copper lines scrapped and so more money for telecommunication  with no electricity for phones...

we are being dictated to  with what we can have and what we cannot have

one socket 

and if we what more we have to pay even though we already have them ...

Support Team
Support Team

Hey truthsayer, were you able to submit the complaints form in the end?

If so, what was the complaint reference number?

- Ryan

I reckon the home phone will be pretty much non-existent a long time before 2037.

I haven't used mine in over 18 months, and most people I work with are abandoning it within a few months of being connected to the NBN.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now