CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Bennett65
Level 1: Cadet

internet speed

We have been having trouble with out internet with telstra for years.We have ADSL 2+. Our current download speed is 5.58Mbps and upload speed 0.24Mbps as per 'SpeedTest'. Is this good? Our internet is so slow and we are trying to work out where the problem is. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: internet speed

Hello

Here are 2 links to trouble-shooting internet issues

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband-KB/How-To-Troubleshoot-Speed-Issues/ta-p/27813...

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-perform-an-Isolation-Test/ta-p/550...

If the above does not resolve your issue, please ring 133 933 and say "Technical support"

Thank you

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: internet speed

Basically, your download speed is quite good (almost double mine).  It would need to be close to 1Mbps before it was classed by Telstra as a problem.

You upload speed is low though.  It could be caused by a number of issues either on your side of the network or the server side.  I wouldn't think that your connection to the exchange would be the issue given that your download speed is OK.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now