CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

need to talk to telstra in AUSTRALIA consultants overseas cant get bill right for over 6mths

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE IN TELSTRA IN AUSTRALIA HELP MY BILL GET SORTED AND NOT BEING OVER CHARGED EVERY MONTH WITH NO FIX SOLUTION FROM OVERSEAS OPERATORS.

SINCE JAN 2017 I HAVE BEEN STILL CHARGED FOR SERVICES ON A PLACE THAT I NO LONGER LIVE AND DISCONNECTED..SIMPLY RANG TO ASK FOR THE EXTRA CHARGES TO BE TAKEN OFF.

THE NIGHTMARE BEGAN FROM THERE....A SIMPLE PROCEDURE TO BE DONE TURNS INTO EVERY BILL SINCE STILL BEING CHARGE EXTRA FOR STUFF I NO LONGER HAVE THEN IN MAY TO FINALLY BE CHARGE TWICE FOR THE SAME BILL....THE OPERATOR SAID LETS PUT THIS INTO DISPUTE AND NOT TO PAY ANYTHING TILL YOU HEAR FROM US..MEANWHILE I GET 2 BILLS FOR ONE MONTH BOTH WITH SAME EXTRA CHARGES AND TO TOP IT OFF 2 $15.00 LATE FEES ADDED ..............MY GOD NOW I BEING CHARGED FOR SOMETHING MORE FOR A TELSTRA MISTAKE...

ALL THIS SIMPLY BECAUSE I JUST WANTED EXTRA CHARGES TAKEN OFF... 6 OPERATORS LATER ALL NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT THE OTHER ONE DID...........NOW THE LAST OPERATOR WANTS ME TO PAY 3 BILLS WITHIN WEEKS OF EACH AND 2 OF THOSE ARE FROM THE SAME BILL............I GIVE UP PLEASE SOMEONE IN AUSTRALIA SORT THIS MESS .........IF ITS NOT SORTED SOON I MYSELF A CUSTOMER OF 20YEARS WILL DISCONNECT MY PLAN AND PHONE AND NEVER DEAL WITH TELSTRA EVER AGAIN THEN OFF  TO CONSUMER AFFAIRS  AND STAND IN LINE WITH EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAS THERE COMPLAINTS IN OF TELSTRA .........ABSOLUTELY DISGRACFUL COMPANY.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: need to talk to telstra in AUSTRALIA consultants overseas cant get bill right for over 6mths

Hello nm-2014

I apologise that you are experiencing an issue with your billing and it has not been resolved.

Is the service still active it is unusual for a bill to be sent twice in a month as they are produced at the end of a billing period unless you are receiving a bill for two different account numbers.

We have one number for Telstra and when you contact us you are connected to the first available Team Member who handles the call type regardless of the location.

Have you asked the Team Member to escalate this or lodged a complaint with us if it has not been resolved?.

You can view our Complaints process and the information on how to lodge a complaint on this CrowdSupport page https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/Lodging-a-complaint-with-Telstra/ta-p/68188

I also apologise that you were not advised that the system will add late fees to an overdue amount even when the account is in dispute these charges can be removed.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: need to talk to telstra in AUSTRALIA consultants overseas cant get bill right for over 6mths

Do NOT stuff around with Telstra's 'complaints' department - on-shore OR off-shore.

Go straight to the Telecommunications Ombudsman - NOW!

Been there, done that.

The Ombudsman kicked a lot of Telstra butt and I now have the most amazing Telstra / BigPond service.

Shouldn't have been necessary to do so, but I was at my wit's end.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit