Answered

payed by cheque at post office and it says on line not payed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: payed my bill early

How long ago did you pay? Paying at the Post Office, normally it can take up to 3 days to show up online, with a cheque, that time period would be extended as the cheque would need to clear first (another few business days). The good news is that the payment date once it hits Telstra's accounts will be the day that you paid it at Auspost.

Ring 132200 on Monday to check if the payment has cleared. Make sure you keep the receipt you got from Auspost in the meantime.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

A cheque payment can take up to 5 days for the cheque to clear, so might be up to 7 days for it to show as paid on the account. It would be considered as paid from the date you went to the post office but it can take that long for it to reflect as completed as it would be pending while clearing.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Accepted Solution

How long ago did you pay? Paying at the Post Office, normally it can take up to 3 days to show up online, with a cheque, that time period would be extended as the cheque would need to clear first (another few business days). The good news is that the payment date once it hits Telstra's accounts will be the day that you paid it at Auspost.

Ring 132200 on Monday to check if the payment has cleared. Make sure you keep the receipt you got from Auspost in the meantime.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now