CrowdSupport®
Vibh
Level 1: Cadet

phone disconnected

Hi 

My account was disconnected on 6th May because of overdue amount of $496,

upon contacting Telstra on several occasion on Chat and phone call i was advise i need to pay this amount and my connection will be active again.

I receive a bill on 16th May saying account is disconnected and need to pay $2750 (Early Termination Fee + Overdue + Phone) i contacted telstra via chat and the lady advised me if i pay the $496 overdue amount they will reactivate my account.

i made a payment on 20th May and on 21st i went on online chat and gave them the receipt number and asked them to reactivate my account. The chat person said i need to pay full $2750 to make it active again. i told him why should i as i never asked for terminating my account i just needed some time to pay the overdue which i paid in 14 days. as i get paid in fortnight. 

i have been with telstra for past 4 years on most expensive plans and never a delay in payment this was the first time in my life i had financial issues and i told them about it and this is what i have received. i was using that number for past 4 years and all my business runs on that number and i am out of service for past 14 days.

very unhelpful telstra!!!!!!

I was a loyal customer and this is what i received.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Vibh
Level 1: Cadet

Early termination fee

Hi 

My account was dissconnected on 6th May because of overdue amount of $496,

upon contacting Telstra on several occasion on Chat and phone call i was advise i need to pay this amount and my connection will be active again.

I receive a bill on 16th May saying account is disconnected and need to pay $2750 (Early Termination Fee + Overdue + Phone) i contacted telstra via chat and the lady advised me if i pay the $496 overdue amount they will reactivate my account.

i made a payment on 20th May and on 21st i went on online chat and gave them the receipt number and asked them to reactivate my account. The chat person said i need to pay full $2750 to make it active again. i told him why should i as i never asked for terminating my account i just needed some time to pay the overdue which i paid in 14 days. as i get paid in fortnight. 

i have been with telstra for past 4 years on most expensive plans and never a delay in payment this was the first time in my life i had financial issues and i told them about it and this is what i have received. i was using that number for past 4 years and all my business runs on that number and i am out of service for past 14 days.

very unhelpful telstra!!!!!!

I was a loyal customer and this is what i received.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Early termination fee

You will most likely need to lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints (or via 132200) in order to get it resolved if the frontline consultants have not been able to resolve it.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now