CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

prepaid credit expiry

Hi,

Can you please explain how the prepaid expiry works.

I checked my balance it shows that it was to expire today at 10.22pm, I tried making a call at 9.30pm and my credit was gone.

I was not able to make a call due to the fact Telstra took the remaining of the balance well before its actual expiry time.

Can you explain as it has happened in the past and this time I have proof.

Nagz

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: prepaid credit expiry

Hi Nagz, 

Expiry times are in Eastern Standard Time ( Eastern Daylight Savings Time atm). So if you are outside of NSW, VIC and TAS, then you'd need to take this into account. 

Especially in Queensland as for part of the year, Qlder's would find that their usage expires right on the quoted expiry date, then once Daylight Savings rolls around, suddenly it's an hour off

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Steph,

I am in NSW.

Nagz

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi nagz, 

That's odd

I would suggest to have a chat to us via http://tel.st/nxzt or 132200 so we can make sure everything is correct on your account.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit