kerry52
Level 1: Cadet

refund

how to do get service from Telsta. After 3 phone calls , the last included being put on hold for 25 minutes, I have again been told that a refund will be processed. After asking to speak to a supervisor I was told that the supervisor was busy and will get back to me within 2 working days. How frustrating.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: refund

You could lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Bigdeano84
Level 2: Rookie

I’ve been chasing a refund for nearly two months now and it’s like they don’t want to give my money back. It’s beyond a joke!
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bigdean. 

Sorry to hear that. 

What was the credit in relation to and what has been advised when you have contacted us about this?

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Bigdeano84

I overpaid on my broadband. I’ve been advised to wait for the refund team to review my requests.
Highlighted
Bigdeano84

After being promised by two Telstra employees that it will be in my bank account by yesterday it’s still not in there. And now I’m stranded with zero funds!!!! Have slept in my car for two nights now because I can’t get home. RIDICULOUS!!!
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry to hear that Dean. 

I that case you will need to follow up with the billing team to check on the status of your refund landing in your account. 

You can contact the billing support team via Live chat https://tel.st/fnwp4 & select "Broadband, Bundles & Homephone" from the first drop-down menu & "Bill, Plan or Add-ons" from the second drop-down menu, or if you can't get online, you can call them directly on 132200.

Alternatively, you can request a return call through our 24x7 app, https://tel.st/jzdju. Once logged in, go to the Support tab and tap 'By Phone' under 'Contact Us'. You'll then be taken to a page where you can advise the reason for the call and the preferred contact number and a member of our team will be in touch to assist further. Or if you prefer you can also request this via your My Account https://tel.st/e3pv4.

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Bigdeano84

Yeah, see I’ve done all of this, still waiting for the refund team to approve my refund. Want to know the funny part?? They don’t work weekends!! Hahahahahahahaha 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. I’ve been trying to sort this out for nearly two months, with zero help from Telstra. Now look at where I am. Like I’ve said, no one can help me! Cheers Telstra!! 👍
Support Team
Support Team

I appreciate how frustrating this must be Dean. 

Alternatively, as you have advised you have had trouble getting a solution over the phone over the last 2 months, the next step I would recommend is to raise a formal complaint which you can do online here https://tel.st/ymxvk;

Once you have raised a complaint through the online form, you will see a complaint case reference number on the screen beginning with 'SR 1-' (be sure to write this down, if you can provide that to me I will note it here so that we can follow up on your behalf if required). We will assign you a complaint case manager who will be in contact with you within 2-5 business days.

They will then work with you one on one until this problem is fully resolved or an agreeable solution can be reached. 

Regards - 

Bigdeano84

SR 1-2101791404843
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that Bigdean084, 

I've just emailed our complaints team advising them of what's been discussed here to see if you can be contacted sooner.

Please let me know how you go once you're contacted.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Bigdeano84

Still haven’t received my refund. No one ever calls me back. I have a case manager that is NEVER available. Sick of getting mucked around. Why is it so hard to get my money back?? 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bigdeano84,

It is not good to hear that this is yet to be resolved. I have contacted our complaints team and have asked that you are contacted as soon as possible. This will be during the week at the earliest. Let us know how it goes.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Bigdeano84

I can tell you now how it’ll go if you like?

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now