CrowdSupport®
paul1
Level 3: Gumshoe

scam phone call

about 2 1/2 hours ago i got a call from someone claiming to be from Telstra  saying Telstra had founhd a problem with my computer or words like that and if i with there help   fix i would lose my internet(when he said that i had to stop my self from laughing )

\i asked for his name and id number i am sud=re it isnt right  and even put me through to  someone in the it depti knew it was bs   as it hav t lost anything

i know it is a scam  i am sure even his name and id is made up   can give it if need be

is it worth wile reporting it  and if so to who

Paul

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero

Re: scam phone call

There just out and out rat-bags Paul. They must have just about called everyone in Australia by now.

Mate take a look at the following link and it will guide you how to file a report.

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/what-to-do-if-you-receive-a-hoax-call-claiming-to-be-from...

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now