johbro
Level 1: Cadet

suspended phone service

Hi there,

I've been overseas for 6 weeks, paid all my bills up to date until I left the country on the day of my departure, received a bill whilst overseas, and obviously not been in a position to view nor pay it.  Discovered a message today, revceived on last Friday (the day of my return) to advise that my phone service would be suspended, unless I paid my outstanding $71 (!) phone bill.  (apparently Telstra have made numerous (no proof provided) attempts to contact me with no success).  

Which leaves me in a position whereby I need to contact Telstra to resolve this issue, only to be unable to contact Telstra from my mobile phone (due to my service being suspended) or by any other avenue as none are stated anywhere on the website, .

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't walk around with a back up phone or phone service for occasions like this.

What would you suggest is my best course of action to speak to a Telstra representative that can resolve my issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: suspended phone service

You can chat with one online via LiveChat here: http://tel.st/livechat

Or even once suspended you should still be able to call Telstra on 132200 as that is meant to still work. (by that I mean at least last I saw it was still meant to work)

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now