Highlighted
scorpiusoz
Level 2: Rookie

unauthorised direct debit by telstra

Answered

Telstra has withdrawn $30 from my a/c as a scheduled direct debit which I have not authorised. I have the bank a/c details saved on the phone so I can recharge when I require it but I have definitely NOT authorised for any type of regular direct debit. The $30 hasn't even gone through to my phone, it has just disappeared from my bank account. Bank says it is not their mistake it is Telstra's .............. any advice on what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: unauthorised direct debit by telstra

Hi scorpiusoz, 

Best team to assist with direct debit is our Direct Debit team, can contact on 1800802863 open 9am-6pm EST Monday to Friday.

- Ivan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey scorpiusoz,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport, please hang around, stay awhile and help us out in our community where you can.

scorpiusoz, I would recommend that you cancel this direct debit payment from happening again by cancelling it.

Now other than a pre-paid Telstra mobile service, do you have any post-paid services with Telstra? If you have, have you checked to see if the $30 debit has been credited there instead. 

In that case, you will be $30 in credit which will then be taken off by future charges. I hope this helps. Tahnks scorpiusoz.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

scorpiusoz
Level 2: Rookie

unauthorised direct debit by telstra

Hi, No I do not have any telstra post paid services, the $30 has just disappeared. Who do I contact please?

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi scorpiusoz, 

Best team to assist with direct debit is our Direct Debit team, can contact on 1800802863 open 9am-6pm EST Monday to Friday.

- Ivan

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now