CalebMerlin
Level 1: Cadet

what is the most amount Telstra will charge me for caccelling my contract as my phone is unusable

our car rolled over my phone but i was able to retrieve the sim card. i need to know what fees will be charged to cancel my contract

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: what is the most amount Telstra will charge me for caccelling my contract as my phone is unusabl

You will need to call and speak to billing on 132200 to get an exact figure, but it will generally be the number of months left on your contract, multiplied by the monthly charge, plus any outstanding cost of your handset. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: what is the most amount Telstra will charge me for caccelling my contract as my phone is unusabl

That's bad luck.

If you are prepared  to enter a new contract for a new phone and retain your service, if you speak to the "right" person, you should be in a far better position. As your stated intention is to disconnect, the Disconnections Department in Adelaide has the most flexibility to use discretion to keep you as a customer. Other departments have to use a formula. Best to ring them 9am to 9pm AEST for your call to be dealt with in Adelaide 

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
CalebMerlin

thank you so much for this.

i retrieved my sim card and am using it in an old phone. i just wondered if there was a way that i would be able to stop paying for the monthly fee since the phone is no longer able to be used. Hence the question about a cancellation fee. not sure if there is a limit to what can be chaarged as a cancellation fee. i do appreciate your feedback though nSmiley Happy 

CalebMerlin

thanks for that. i will try callling. still have a fair bit to go on the contract.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now