CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
higherdestiny
Level 5: Eagle Eye

BlackBerry 10

Hey All!

Does anyone at Telstra know when pre-orders for BlackBerry 10 might be available?  I'm sooo keen!  In fact I cancelled my pre-order for a Lumia 920, preferring to wait for BB10 Smiley Happy

I realise it may be too early, but I would still love to know if it's on Telstra's radar.  I believe launch date is January 30 - can we expect devices shortly after?

Can Telstra confirm if they will be a launch partner for BB10?

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

-Dave.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
32 REPLIES 32
jpcons
Level 2: Rookie

Re: BlackBerry 10

Hopefully. Telstra can tell us soon... I will preorder or be lining up at opening time.

I am very excited to get my hands on the new bb10 phones! A brand new operating system built from scratch which means all the best tech will be baked in.  Other phones like apple iOs is almost 6 years old now and things change fast in the tech space.  The new all touch and keyboard phone on bb10 look good.  I can't wait to see what else they are holding back on showing the world.

I am waiting for the global January 30 2013 launch

gregoryopera
Level 12: Master Detective

Despite recently purchasing a Sony Xperia S - at nearly $1,000 (after extended warranties, cases and whatnot) - I recently went back to a BlackBerry because I'm fed-up with the dismal usage times of Android-powered smartphones...

And unsurprisingly, my new BlackBerry Curve 9320 is giving me a full day under "real world" circumstances!

So in January next year, I'll be upgrading to the BlackBerry "N-Series" (the BlackBerry 10 smartphone with a keyboard)!

Hopefully Telstra will officially release this... ;-)
NEVER post personal or sensitive information in these forums (or ANY forums, for that matter!), not even in response to Telstra staff - this includes (among other things) telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, PINs or passwords, serial numbers, names, account numbers, addresses or birthdates.

If in doubt, don't post the information OR ask the Telstra staff if you should post the information - BEFORE you post the information.
higherdestiny

I had a similar experience.  Went to Windows Phone 7 (and loved the experience, by the way) - but ended up going back to BlackBerry after a few months for two main reasons.

Firstly the battery life just wasn't doing it for me on the WP7 handset (my Bold 9900 lasts up to two full days on a charge), and secondly I just couldn't get things done as quickly as I could on a BlackBerry.

The current line of BlackBerry's might be a little dated, but they are so much more productive than anything else on the market.

Very excited about what BlackBerry 10 will bring - the blend of productivity AND the most modern OS on the mobile market.

I just can't decide between the full touch, or the keyboard models.  I assume Telstra will offer both?

robtraf
Level 1: Cadet

BlackBerry 10

Wanting to know if Telstra will be launching the new BlackBerry 10 mobile phone around February 2013?

higherdestiny

lol. You cleary didn't see my post for BlackBerry 10 directly below yours?

But yes, Good to see some people keen on BB10 !
jpcons

A found a good video on Blackberry 10 for a simple overview and worth the 2 minutes. I expect a lot is not yet being shown as this video was only a test device and not even the phone yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V3kagleoEe4

jpcons

I found a good video on Blackberry 10 for a simple overview and worth the 2 minutes. I expect a lot is not yet being shown as this video was only a test device and not even the phone yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V3kagleoEe4

higherdestiny

Looks nice!  I hope Telstra confirm pre-orders soon.  I hear Rogers in the US are taking pre-orders already.

higherdestiny

When can we pre-order?  I NEED to pre-order!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

higherdestiny

Sign me up!  Where can I pre-order!  Come on Telstra, take my money!!!

ezzy

please please please bring out the new BB10!

We have 1 contract with Telstra and 1 with Vodafone. I'm out of contract and waiting for the BB10 with querty keyboard to come out so i can sign up a new plan with telstra. i have heard from a Telstra source though that they are still evaluating the phone and specifically whether the 4g capability will be compatible with Telsra's LTE network, looks like they will only be bringing out the touch screen version in March and then they will evaluate whether to release the querty style handset.

i have tried using my wifes iphone at herinsistance and although it has some AMAZING features, iphone does not hold a candle to the battery life, the ease of use and the speed that you can do things on a blackberry. I hope that those amazing iphone features like siri and speach to text will be included in BB10 and i hope all those ppl who have been saying that blackberry is dead will be proven wrong, when bb10 comes out.

Tinhead

I went into the Telstra Taj Mahal in Bourke St last week and asked one of the tech staff about the BB10 and whether Telstra had it for beta testing... Alas, I was told that the know nothing about it. Apparently Telstra have an intranet blog for staff detailing new releases... No word of the BB10 on this...

Like many others I am a BB man. Have tried numerousotters, Samsung Galaxy, iphone, even an LG to no avail...

If Telstra take the BB10 on board I will consolidate my phone accounts back under oneaccount and leave the dark side once more!!!

higherdestiny

I've had mixed reports.  One Telstra staff member had no idea what BlackBerry 10 was - while another staff member was quite excited about BlackBerry 10 and said that he, himself was waiting for pre-orders.

So who knows.  Until Telstra officially open pre-orders, we just have to wait.

robtraf

Any news on Telstra launching BlackBerry 10? Not interested in pre-orders, just need a confirmation about Telstra launching the new device in either Feb/March.

Hilton_K

Anyword on the BB10 devices for Telstra?

Very keen to get Z10 (L-series device) to replace my Bold 9900. Wife also looking for new phone, currently has WP7 but is keen for BB10 also!

higherdestiny

Likewise.  Come on Telstra - any news?  Take my money!

higherdestiny

Telstra!  Come on Smiley Happy  any news???  Keen to hear!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

I understand that you are keen to get a hold of one of these devices, however this forum is for staff and customers to come together and discuss Telstra's products and services.

Staff that visit the forum are not able to share any information that has not been officially announced so I would suggest registering for updates via the link below to be notified when new information is available;

https://www.telstra.com.au/eoi/keep-informed/

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

coldhelium

Any idea when Telstra will take pre-orders for BB10 and when are they likely going to be available in Melbourne/ Australia?

Thanks

coldhelium

I thought crowd support was to register your interest in new products and services?

Jarrad

Blackberry 10

After the launch on January 30th will Telstra have the Blackberry 10 handsets available?
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Blackberry 10

Nothing has been announced that I'm aware of. Keep an eye on Facebook and Telstra Exchange

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

TimeTwo

Okay looking over the the forum it seems full of speculation whether or not Telstra will stock the BB10 (I for one like a bit of speculation) but is there any danger of the fine folks at Telstra indicating if they will stock the BB10.

Seems strange they haven't when networks all over the world have announced they will stock this new device and the acceptance units where released to networks months ago, well many weeks at least.

Here's to hoping the fine folks decide to throw us a few crumbs soon...

gregoryopera

Well I'm not fussed anyway - I was going to get the keyboard device (assuming Telstra offered, of course), but it turns out that the upcoming Sony Xperia Z - which Telstra have indicated (via Twitter) they ARE carrying - has longer usage times than they keyboard-based, BlackBerry 10 smartphone (the supposed usage times leaked, from a reliable source)!

Considering I've spent so much money on Android apps and to a lesser extent, games over the last year or so , it kinda makes sense to go back to Android... Add to that the fact that I am one of Sony's best customers and, well the deal is pretty much sealed.

I'm still curious about BlackBerry 10, but I've spent big money on Android apps/games... Additionally, I have an app for my every need, whereas with BlackBerry 10, I will have the same issue as I do on Windows 8 and BlackBerry OS 7.x - I'll need to cross my fingers and hope that someone will an app that meets my needs, eventually.
NEVER post personal or sensitive information in these forums (or ANY forums, for that matter!), not even in response to Telstra staff - this includes (among other things) telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, PINs or passwords, serial numbers, names, account numbers, addresses or birthdates.

If in doubt, don't post the information OR ask the Telstra staff if you should post the information - BEFORE you post the information.
apounder

I know Telstra staff can't announce anything on these forums. But why can't Telstra make an official announcement now that the Blackberry 10 is released (or will be within 7 hours of writing this post)

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I can confirm Telstra intends to range ‘BlackBerry Z10’ in Australia. You can register your interest and we'll email you with more info when available including plans, pricing and launch dates at http://tel.st/hhk3m

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

gregoryopera

So no "Q10" (the QWERTY model)?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

This is all the information i have for now but i will keep you posted of other devices....

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

jho51e
Level 3: Gumshoe

No pre order yet for outright? Need to know asap! Need to buy by Wednesday to get approved at work..
higherdestiny

There's been a few BlackBerry 10 related posts by Telstra on Twitter today - hopefully that means a more official anouncement soon, hopefully coupled with pricing and pre-orders! Smiley Happy

darkeen

Just a few pointers from the BB page:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/?userType=2

BB 10 doesnt use the standard BB codes (on the carriers end) so it cant connect to the existing BES - your company needs to have a BES 10 server, thus the image and docs on that above link!

But good news - the BES software is FREE! Yes download it from the BB website!

And your company can convert CALS from BES 5 CALS to BES 10 cals for FREE (until dec 31, 2013 according to the BES website).

You can activate the BBz10 using activesync, so if your company uses iphones etc then the BBZ10 wil be good to go too!

And your company can lock down the BBZ10 later by installing the BES10 and you can Activate it to that BES 10 server, thus getting the benefits of Blackberry Balance (anyone notice the different screen backgrounds for the different workspaces? personal is Blue and Work is .... red? pink? mauve? Purple? (Im no good with colors...))

Since everyone with iphones have data plans those same data plans can be used with the BB too, so no changing plans all the times for different phones!

Sounds like a win to me!

PS: the BB videos on Youtube are awesome too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N55_l-cPO0&list=PLSV1iA-lr7ykoKsJ3popveqDJkgtCoaB1&index=15

and the rest..

Level 20: Director

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now