CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Clancy04
Level 3: Gumshoe

BlackBerry Priv

Hi there,

So news in the BlackBerry world is that they are making a new device based on the Android operating system due for release sometime next month.  I am wondering whether Telstra has any news on this device and whether they intend on stocking it alongside their other favourite Android OEM's

Thanks,

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
41 REPLIES 41
MJ10
Level 1: Cadet

Re: BlackBerry Priv

Thanks Chap. We really need a telco supporting Blackberry again and who better than Telstra, Australia's largest Telco

Nelson_Chow

Is Blackberry Priv Going to be Available in Australia, with Telstra?

Hi All,

Blackberry Priv, Android running blackberry with keyboard will be available for pre-order.

Just checking if anyone would know if Telstra going to stock this?

Thanks

N

Doddsie
Level 4: Private Eye

Yep. The phone looks next level chop, chop please telstra. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uaL8QhdWuKU
samgne

+1 really want the Priv!

itsMac146

+1 let's make this happen Telstra
pepa

I'm hearing you, can't wait for the Priv. Come on Telstra, bring it on.
kanna87

+1 I would get one day one

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Is Blackberry Priv Going to be Available in Australia, with Telstra?

Hey N

At this stage we haven't had any word that this will be a phone we'll stock sorry :-(

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

miloh

Would love to move my mobile service back to Telstra with the Blackberry Priv!!

Level 21: Augmented

The Priv apps are on Google Play but you need a Priv to be able to use them. Seems like an interesting phone
shashik9433

Would love to purchase this device on telstra. Please release it telstra!

Clancy04

There's also more info on the DTEK security feature for the Priv.

http://utbblogs.com/blackberry-priv-dtek-finally-explained/

higherdestiny
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Hey Steph,

Would love to get an official confirmation on this one before looking elsewhere to purchase.  Do you know when Telstra might make a decision on stocking the Priv?  Seems like the pick of the Android bunch to me!

higherdestiny
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Add me to the list - keen as beans!

The Priv looks like it's a better phone all-round compared to the iPhone 6s Plus:  http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7587&idPhone2=7243

Hoping Telstra come to the party so I don't have to source one from overseas!

Clancy04

Thanks for weighing in HD.

I noticed you've also put another thread up.  Let's have a race to 100 posts!  Smiley Very Happy

hershey

Hi,

Please can you advise of there's any telco out there that supports Blackberry Passport?  I would like to buy one but it seems I can't transfer mu current mobile plan to the BB and I can't even sign up for a new plan.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi higherdestiny

We don't announce if we choose not to stock a device (even I wouldn't hear if we choose not to stock one) - so unfortunately you'll only here something if we choose to stock it - and there's been no word at this point.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Rohan1

Hello,

I would really like to see local availability of the new Blackberry Priv. Please sell me a new Blackberry Priv Telstra.

alexwar1

Telstra there is demand..it would be nice if the device is at least under test by Telstra ?

Viburnum

If Telstra want to be seriuous about business and security then they need to support BB or an equally secure platform. Failing this then we will just source unlocked phones from elsewhere and use a Telstra connection. Unfortunatelly lost opportunity for Telstra.

BB UK and Amazon Germany seem to have the right model for the Telstra LTE bands (not the US unfortunatelly). Still don't know about Hong Kong or Singapore but they will eventually stock it.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi guys, 

No information on this unfortunately. 

Fawad

Waiting for some news on Priv from Telstra. I am due for an upgrade.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Fawad, at the moment there's no news on an Australian release for the Priv but you can register via http://tel.st/stayinformed to be contacted about any upcoming handsets closer to a release date. Greg

kathyleefreo

Are telstra getting the Priv?

AWESOME!! Let me know when its in. I'm waiting Smiley Happy 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Kathyleefreo, 

We still have no information regarding the new BlackBerry Priv, however please express your interest 

http://tel.st/stayinformed so we can keep you updated. 

Regards 

grom40

I too want a priv (ASAP as my Z10 is on it's last legs) please stock it Telstra!! The current selection of phones in Australia is so poor :-( (half a dozen different versions of the same handset - I'm looking at you Apple & Samsung - does not a variety make)

@Lindy: the link you have posted has no option to be updated about BlackBerry devices so isn't really much help to anyone on this thread.
Clancy04

But if you don't click on the link and register, how can they steer you away from a BlackBerry device?

@grom40 wrote:
@Lindy: the link you have posted has no option to be updated about BlackBerry devices so isn't really much help to anyone on this thread.

samgne

BUMP. Any news?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

We don't have any further information about this device sorry. 

Fawad

It seems like Telstra won't be stocking the Priv on launch in Australia. Only Optus will offer it unfortunately.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/blackberry/priv/590469/

ALZ_72

This is very disappointing to hear that Telstra won't be acquiring this device.

As both a loyal Telstra customer and BlackBerry user, it will be a shame to have to purchase a network unlocked Priv device from another source.

itsMac146

It's official, the Priv will be available from Optus tomorrow. For business and consumers.

I get it Telstra, not everyone wants BlackBerry's, but there are still a number of people who do, and we go elsewhere to get them. I have a Z10, Q10, Passport, and will get a Priv. Only the Z10 was acquired through telstra. And I personally know a lot of others who have done the same.

We want to give you guys (more of) our money.... give us a reason to.

Oh, and it's a droid. I see so many of those when I go into the stores, why not just slide (pun intended) this one in Smiley Very Happy
McTodd
Level 2: Rookie

This would be a great option EXCEPT registering your interest does not allow selection of Blackberry as an option.

Seriously?!?! This issue has been raised by many and ignored by Telstra.

ALZ_72

Same here...still have and love my Z10 which was acquired personally through Telstra.  Have a Z30 and Passport acquired through BlackBerry and a Classic through Telstra with work.

Unfortunately my new work does not support BlackBerry and only supports iOS/Android (minimal Windows).  As I am not an iPhone or Android fan, I ended up getting a Windows phone (which I now can't get some work featurs on) but would love to get the Priv so I can use a device I know and trust, but running an OS that will allow me to connect to work.

Come on Telstra...give your customers what they want Smiley LOL

smbell

Is there any news on whether Telstra will be offering the BlackBerry Priv.?

I would prefer to stick with Telstra rather than switching to Optus.

Clancy10
Level 2: Rookie

Optus are having difficulties keeping stocked.  So either Telstra isn't interested in trying to acquire all of those people who are eagerly waiting for ANY carrier to have this device in stock, or they aren't interested in BlackBerry once thay've gotten rid of all their Classics.

sas1

Optus Have been out of stock for 5 weeks now. will some one from telstra wake up and start to stock the PRIV, or Just come out and tell us that your not going to stock it so we all can work out some other way to get it
sas1

Some needs to come out and tell us if your going to stock it or not this is not good enough from telstra
BlackPanda

I want BB Priv 

epad02

how to use google play service on blackberry priv
Benno54

I think someone needs a grammar and spell checker, here is hear, and please stop using double negatives they make no sense.

"We don't announce if we choose not to stock a device (even I wouldn't hear if we choose not to stock one) - so unfortunately you'll only here something if we choose to stock it - and there's been no word at this point."

Simply put, "we will announce when we will stock it, no advice either way has been received here at Telstra." 

I too would run to the Tshop to get a Priv, always been a fan of BB. The current Sony Xperia Z3 I have has been a terrible disappointment, fragile glass, lock ups, it decides when to connect to 3G and 4G, just a worry..

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit