CrowdSupport®
Alsgal
Level 1: Cadet

Blackberry Compatibility on Telstra Network

Hi all,

Trying to sell an older model Blackberry (not locked in as purchaesd outright overseas) but it does not seem to work on the Telstra network.

Just had someone come out to buy the phone, they put their sim in (which was recognised as their phone number showed up) but unable to make calls.

Went into network settings and all it finds in manual mode is Optus and Vodafone.

Are we not able to use a Telstra sim at all in a Blackberry unless you subscribe to the additional service?

Person buying wants to just use it for calls and sms

HELP please so I can get this sold - such a gorgeous phone just sitting in my drawer unloved and deserves a new home Smiley Wink

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Blackberry Compatibility on Telstra Network

@Alsgal

- this might depend on the age of the phone.

- might depend on the specific model number 

suggest try checking model number against and checking the frequency allocation.

http://www.gsmarena.com

check the current available frequencies of Telstra on

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/Mobile_Phone_Frequencies 

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Blackberry Compatibility on Telstra Network

It may not operate on the 850MHz UMTS band that is used for the Telstra network. It may only use 900 & 2100MHz bands.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now