CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Rick70
Level 1: Cadet

Blackberry Priv

Hi All

I too am a Blackberry Fan and have worked my way through the range beginning with the Storm, 9900 and now the Z30. I enjoy the functionality of these phones, the fact that they have high quality products and handle the Australian system so well. So Telstra, you can see that you have a Blackberry dedicated customer base. Why not bring in the Blackberry Priv, email out to your existing Blackberry customers. I am sure like me they will all accept the offer to move to the latest Blackberry Priv. I too have seen that Optus have launched it and are doing well. I am not and never will be an Optus support customer however if it means buying a phone outright through them, then that is something I may need to consider. Please Telstra look at what your customers are looking for and just as we support you, support us in having choice in mobile phones, phones of our choice. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Clancy04
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Blackberry Priv

Hi Rick,

Having been out for some months now, I'm sure you will agree that Telstra have no plans to bring the Priv to it's customers.  Even though they have had many hanging on a hook with vague responses.  If purchasing the phone from Optus is too much for you to bear, perhaps it's time to start talking to Telstra about the new DTEK50.  It is being rolled out in other countries as we speak.  I watched the launch webcast live and I must say it looks like a good inexpensive device.

Time to mobilise your troops and show Telstra that there is still a BlackBerry fan base out there who they can make a big profit on.  Flood the forums man.

Level 21: Augmented

A bit late to the party i know.

would love to see the blackberry priv on Telstra ( i really couldnt afford the $1000 price tag) but hey maybe if you can go here my understanding is that there blacberry's are unlocked (although i couldnt find that comment when re-looking up the website).

so you might need to double check they have Telstra's mobile frequency ranges before buying.

hope that helps

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
Level 21: Augmented

by the way before i forget to mention

NO i am not affiliated to the site.

I just found it after doing a search from another post about Blackberry Priv and wanted to know what it was

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now