CrowdSupport®
JD620
Level 1: Cadet

No network connectivity

Hi,

Has anyone else had issues with their blackberry phone connecting to the telstra network over the past week or so? Since last Monday both of the Blackberry devices we have, both on seperate accounts, have stopped getting any mobile signal. Occasionaly the signal bars do momentarily come up for less then a second then go back to no signal again.

Phone models are a PRIV and a Passport.

Put the Telstra SIM in a non blackberry phone and they get signal, put a Telstra SIM out of another phone in the Blackberry and it gets no signal.

The Telstra support response has been less than helpful with response of "Those phones are not on our supported phones list so there may be compatibility issues out of our control."

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: No network connectivity

@JD620

Welcome to CrowdSupport.

Depending on the specific models for your handsets, they may not be compatible with our networks.

The PRIV was released in 3 models, with the US and EU Versions not being compatible with the 850HSDPA Network (our Next G Network), where as the Passport should be compatible with this regardless of the model.

Ultimately, because you've confirmed that the SIM works fine in another phone, you've ruled out a network problem or SIM Card issue being the cause, and the issue is limited to the handset specifically.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JD620
Level 1: Cadet

@DeltaSquad

Thanks for the response,

The Priv is the STV100-3 variant, supporting the HSDPA 850 band.

As mentioned, both phones have been working perfectly on the Telstra network since new for at least the past 12 months, this fault only started a week ago where both phones stopped working at the same time. Found it odd that it is both phones, separate accounts in two separate geographical locations would get the same fault at the same time.

Even tried pulling out my old BlackBerry classic, that was purchased from Telstra, which also supports the HSDPA 850 band and has the same issue.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update @JD620 and for confirming the handset model.

I agree that the PRIV STV100-3 model should be 3G850 capable, so if I can get you to do the following steps in order: (Wording may be different depending on your software version)

1. Go to Settings > Storage and tap on Cached Data and clear/delete these settings
  2. Go to Settings > More > Cellular Networks > Preferred Network Type and select 2G (I realise that this will not connect)
  3. Turn off your phone and wait for no less than 20 seconds before turning back on
  4. Once back on, go back to Preferred Network Type and switch back to 3G (not 4G/LTE)
    • If after doing this and you don't get signal:
  5. Select Network Operators and choose Telstra (or similar) from the list
  6. If then able to connect, go back to Preferred Network Type and select 4G/LTE and restart your phone again

You should be able to perform these steps with both phones.

Please let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit