Nedly
Level 2: Rookie

Data ripped off

I bought 22gb for $50 to recharge my pre-paid plus.
When activated, there is only 7.5 gb balance.
I could have bought 5gb for $10 at the supemarket

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Data ripped off

Hi @Nedly,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your experience, this is not what we want for our customers at all.

Was your original recharge done online?

Please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Nedly

I bought the same 22gb/$50 from the same supermarket previously.
Nedly

Activated online. Yes
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know @Nedly, I do apologise for the issues you've been having. I recommend having a chat to our Pre-Paid team regarding this issue. You can find them online via Live Chat or over the phone on 1258887.

Please let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Nedly

Thx. Also been unable to access Telstra air for weeks.
Standing beside hotspots, always given same message telling me to recharge. This has been going on for ages, I spent 3 hours messaging and chatting to Telstra and still no good.
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry to hear about this issue with Telstra AIR @Nedly, I'm confident that our Pre-Paid team can look into this issue for you as well.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Level 24: Supreme Being

@Nedly, I think I know what has happened. You have recharged using a Prepaid Phone Plan and not a Mobile Broadband Plan. Prepaid Phone plans are 7.5GB for $50 and Mobile Broadband Plans are 10GB plus 12GB bonus (22GB Total) for $50 at the moment.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Nedly

No. The card I gave to the checkout chick is a Telstra
22GB for $50.
Bonus data for your devices.
On Australia,s largest mobile network when you recharge on Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Plus by 3 September 2018.

Yes, I know. The SIM is a Mobile Broadband Prepaid plan, but the recharge that you've applied is the Phone Prepaid Plan. You've changed plans rather than recharged.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi there @Nedly

I am going to agree with Jupiter's hunch here, that sounds more like a recharge for the wrong plan was provisioned.

Has our pre-paid team been able to look into this for you?

- Will

Nedly

Highlighted
Nedly

No help. No solution. But yes, looks like I was given wrong info.
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry if you were left feeling as if we didn't help, we don't have the ability to access accounts from here, so we would need to get you on to the correct team.

Did you manage to have this rectified by the pre-paid team at all?

- Will

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more