CrowdSupport®
AngryArowana
Level 1: Cadet

Promised 50% speed boost discount upon signup

I switched from my cable service to nbn from December 2019 & upon sign up I was promised 50% speed boost price,but every month since then the bill was always charged $120 instead of the promised rate of $105.

I have been calling Telstra every month just to tell them “I was getting the 50% discount” and only then they would change my bill & every time I called I told them “please don’t let this happen again next month” and I was promised every month that it won’t happen again.

So last month because I was waiting for them to change the bill & I ended up paying late,now this month there’s a late payment charge.

Now after 6-8 times calling them I’m so sick of this crap. I tried calling them today again just to tell them to change the bill because I’m not paying $135 when I was promised $105 every month. But they told me the system was down & someone was going to call me back in around 2 hours (that was at 1pm) and I never received a call.

I’d really like a supervisor to give a call back for this matter.

This is just getting frustrating & time wasting at the same time (on top of that,my nbn is down at the moment) this is making my blood boil.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 10: Jnr Detective StrayaM8
Level 10: Jnr Detective

Re: Promised 50% speed boost discount upon signup

I know its a pain, but you'll need to get on the line with telstra, no supervisor in a contact centre monitors these forums to find complaints they can pick up. 

Should be a relatively easy fix, request to speak to the disconnections team after ringing 132200, they should be more than able to fix up the bill and apply the discount moving forward.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now