CrowdSupport®
Poppy2599
Level 3: Gumshoe

changing data plans

Answered

on 25/11 i contacted telstra as i was running out of data and had used my free top ups. i was told that was ok i could get a once off free top up. i was told this had been successfully processed. at the same time i signed up to a new plan $90 unlimited. i was told that the turnaround for this would be 2-24 hours if not sooner. when i queried this today i was told 5 days. i don’t have the data top up yet. is this right?  five days?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Poppy2599
Accepted Solution

Re: changing data plans

Thank you Jupiter. I contacted Telstra again and asked why everything was taking so long. Chap fixed my data top up and my plan change has been completed. I appreciate your advice.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It shouldn't take that long. It should be under 4 hours. It sounds like Telstra's systems are still playing up. There seems to be a lot of manual backend intervention required at the moment. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Poppy2599
Accepted Solution

Thank you Jupiter. I contacted Telstra again and asked why everything was taking so long. Chap fixed my data top up and my plan change has been completed. I appreciate your advice.

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

Ok

@Poppy2599 wrote:

on 25/11 i contacted telstra as i was running out of data and had used my free top ups. i was told that was ok i could get a once off free top up. i was told this had been successfully processed. at the same time i signed up to a new plan $90 unlimited. i was told that the turnaround for this would be 2-24 hours if not sooner. when i queried this today i was told 5 days. i don’t have the data top up yet. is this right?  five days?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now