We've seen a few posts that generated this piece of 'safe surfing' content:
So when being active in the online community to collaborate, seeking and/or providing assistance to other members in the online world, here are a few things that you should try to avoid sharing:
- Username & Password to your service
- Wi-Fi name (SSID) & Wireless passphrase (or Key)
- Home Network Gateway “MAC address”
- Home Network Gateway “Serial Number”
- Public IP address of your internet connection
- Home Network Gateway administration details
Also be mindful of the above if you are providing screenshots of your devices, when looking for assistance to troubleshoot any issues you are facing.
Hope that helps and safe posting.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We can help right now
With the proliferation of computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, E-mail spam and Denial of Service ...
Testing your broadband speed
To get an accurate picture of what the speed available, you need to ...
Power off your T-Gateway modem, wait for 30 seconds and then power it back on. Give i ...
This video will show you how to connect your devices to your new Telstra Smart Modem™ regardless of ...