Doc011
Level 1: Cadet

how do I speak to someone who can help me?

I have always been with Telstra but now at my wits end. I placed an order to get my NBN bundle connected over 3 weeks ago. surprisingly the process was seamless and I received phone calls from a case manager. it was great until the connection date came and went and I have now endured nearly 20 hours of broken promises and lies. After going through constant checks as instructed by Trlstea technical team the connection did not work. I have requested to get a technician to my address as it seems to be a problem with the connection at the curb however it seams that Telstra does not have the ability to book technicians or the majority of staff and complaints team can't figure it out... I have been told on three occasions now that a technision has been booked only to be told when I call to confirm that the order has been cancelled and or the Telstea complaints manager cancelled it. I thought I finally had a break when I was told that a technician was booked for the 11th but only to be told that NBN cancelled the order as no one was managing it. Isn't a complaints manager who assures a customer that this will happen follow up?

I was then promised that a tech would be booked for the 24th and the order would be fast tracked. only to find out from NBN that no order has been placed. I was promised a call back today like countless other times only for that not to happen.

My level of frustration is reaching its peak. A TIO complaint has been logged however they can't help me for another month or so. Telstra can you please get someone to help! I have never had to get to this level to write a blog... not sure if it will work!! I'm sure that telstra just hopes that customers would just disappear

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES
DAzza-123

Re: how do I speak to someone who can help me?

I no you pain, just finally had a NBN tech to my home today, they detected a fault in the line search up and down the court for 20mins then they worked out there was a pit under a neighbors lawn, pulled the wire out of the mud and re strip the connection
and i had +40Mbps only for 10mins, now back to were i was <4Mbps.
I understand your frustration as they don't seem to know what there doing.
I am just on the merry go round like you, waiting for them to fix the problem.
Three times in the last 10 days they promised me it would be fixed the problem within 24hours and on the weekend they said by the 9th, still slow speed.
I hope you better luck than me, Telstra creates tickets for the NBN to fix, then the NBN cancels the tickets and around and around we go.
I wish I had better news for you......
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Doc011,

I'm sorry to hear you're having ongoing problems with this, do you have a reference number for this complaint case? If so I may be able to follow up on this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Doc011

it would be great if you can... it seems to me that every time it gets hard your "customer service" staff disappear... my complaints manager still hasn't called back when he promised on Tuesday. 4-5 hours of calls since Tuesday night I have been disconnected, transferred to inactive IVRs, left on hold for hours waiting for managers to get out of very important and meetings only to have them promise me that they will personally speak to my complaints manager as they sit next to that team only have to call back to find that nothing has been done. So far I have been on the phone now- 90% on hold for close to 26 hours.... I have a team leader now apparently fixing my order but I have to start again as it took 7 business days after my order was due to be connected for them to realise that my order had failed.

Hope you can see my frustration... I would be in limbo unless I refused to get off the line as I am not getting call backs as the do not know how to handle the issue!!

my complaints number is
SR1-1586043081806

any help would be greatly appreciated... I have been told that I now have to start again... ie wait for a connection time in 2 weeks and then if that doesn't work then work out a tech appointment.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Doc011,

I have contacted your case manager and have asked that they contact you directly to discuss further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Doc011

Further update.. I have no internet since Tuesday. After Telstra fixing my order and asking me to plug in The NBN connection box and letting that run all night it has disconnected my ADSL. My case manager quickly organized a Tech to my address today which I thought fantastic! it's going to get fixed..

I was wrong... The Tech was a telstra tech who could not help me. The best he could so is the same things I have been for 3 weeks now. he did try to help me organize a NBN Tech but the Telstra staff member did not call me back... surprise!!

So after spending 5 hours demanding to speak to the ceo complaints team as my account manager is away I am still in limbo. No one will help me as it has been assigned and after a number of emails to the ceo complaints manager to call..nothing!!

Why is it that I have to wait extra days for a person to come back from leave? I was advised by my case manager if I call his number a member of his team will pick it up....that did not happen.. The sms service I was told goes to a group inbox and I would get a call back. Again after 3 messages today asking for a call back that again did not happen...

Speaking to staff and a very rude complaints receptionist who after an hour on hold and waiting for another staff member to transfer me to the ceo complaints team after he assured me it was that team disconnected me because I would not call the complaints number.

So after this eventful day I finally got someone who wasn't reading a script. He asked me why the Telstra smart modem wasn't working. I advised him that my original order went into error and as a result a new order was required. I said to him apparently a new smart modem was ordered and as a result my account does not register to the sim. The sim is dead and that smart modem never turned up. After the initial shock that was ignored. As a result I asked can I put any SIM in that modem and would it work. After 30 min on hold I was advised to give it a go.

What is Telstra running here? a customer service organisation or a comedy club? I now have to wait yet again and I still have no NBN tech booked!! another week gone!! I have already spoken to other providers and none of them will touch me until its connected.

Again I am asking for help!! Why is it so hard?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Doc, from the details I can find the case manager for SR 1-1586043081806 is returning from leave on Monday but this should have been reassigned to another case manager when you called. I've emailed the case manager's team leader asking for this to be reassigned as soon as possible.

Doc011

thanks.. I have been told that that happens at least 4 times today.. still no call.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more