CrowdSupport®
Canada
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Plans

Answered

Telstra gave me a Bundle of $80 per month when the NBN was installed. This included all local calls and calls to standard Australian mobiles capped at $2.  I would like to understand why every month, my local calls and calls to "Non Telstra mobiles ?" are then added to my bill and then very generously taken off the bill again up to the allowed $15 pensioner discount.  Isnt this double dipping as local calls at least were to be included in the bundle.1300 numbers are also charged for.    I thought they were always charged as a local call.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jhwiz
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Plans

You get a discount off the access fee and then and additional discount based on eligible calls up to the total discount of $15.00. 1300 are not counted as local, these are charged separately at 40¢ per call.

Eligible calls are: 

1. (a)  local calls and calls to 019 services (dial-up Internet services and Austpac);

2. (b)  National (STD) and calls to 13 numbers;

3. (c)  calls to standard Australian mobile numbers; and

4. (d) international calls.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
jhwiz
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

You get a discount off the access fee and then and additional discount based on eligible calls up to the total discount of $15.00. 1300 are not counted as local, these are charged separately at 40¢ per call.

Eligible calls are: 

1. (a)  local calls and calls to 019 services (dial-up Internet services and Austpac);

2. (b)  National (STD) and calls to 13 numbers;

3. (c)  calls to standard Australian mobile numbers; and

4. (d) international calls.

View solution in original post

Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@Canada wrote:

Telstra gave me a Bundle of $80 per month when the NBN was installed. This included all local calls and calls to standard Australian mobiles capped at $2.  I would like to understand why every month, my local calls and calls to "Non Telstra mobiles ?" are then added to my bill and then very generously taken off the bill again up to the allowed $15 pensioner discount.  Isnt this double dipping as local calls at least were to be included in the bundle.1300 numbers are also charged for.    I thought they were always charged as a local call.

@Canada You may be better off with the current $90 unlimited NBN plan?

Currently, if you make 5 mobile calls (Capped at $2) you are already there. 

With the newer plan all Local, National, and mobile calls are free. And 500 free calls to 13 numbers.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now