CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
pwaves
Level 2: Rookie

4GX Modem.(huawei B618-23ED) port forwarding

Answered

Hi, I have just installed a new business mobile broadband service using the new Telstra 4GX Modem.(huawei B618-23ED) I need to set up port forwarding to allow remote access to Security camera and 1 computer. I have a dynamic dns service set up and port forwarding working for years at the same location through my Bigpond wireless service (Which I was told is now obsolete and they pushed me to this new 4GX service & Modem). I read that as a business service I should get business support to validate "GPEXTB3" so I can use Telstra Corporate APN (telstra.extranet) for remote access. But to start I can't find any Port Forwarding set up in this new modem (huawei B618-23ED)? Which is a major issue for me and something I had explained when I ordered the service. Any help to start would be very much appreciated. Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: 4GX Modem.(huawei B618-23ED) port forwarding

Try Settings > Security > Virtual Server

Are you certain you still have those codes? Public IP's have only been available to enterprise-grade customers for a while now
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
pwaves
Accepted Solution

OK I got it to work, as business account, rang business support to request activation of GPEXTB3
They put me onto Billing to activate the service telstra.extranet, it takes only a few minutes, they tick box on the profile
Then I went and changed the Mobile Profile in the setting of the B618 modem from telstra.internet to:
user = Telstra Extranet
password = not required
apn= telstra.extranet
Then restarted the modem and checked I was getting connected
Then called Support , they could not find port forwarding and suggested to try Virtual Server as you Rightly Did and it works fine I was able to open port range direct traffic to specific IP inside my network to specific port range and all working as it was supposed to. Thank you so much for your support, you can pass on the infos to all Telstra 4GX modem B618 users who have a business account and require remote access. The modem is very good and powerful WiFi.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Try Settings > Security > Virtual Server

Are you certain you still have those codes? Public IP's have only been available to enterprise-grade customers for a while now
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

pwaves

I am 200% certain, as I have still the bigpond service running.I have multi services with Telstar for over 35 years and had enterprise grade for a long time, I am not sure how I am classified today but Business account is business account and this service is a requirement.
I need port forwarding so modem open port and redirect to specific IP on my network.
"telstra extranet APN" provides a routeable public ip address not a static one, that is why I use a dynamic dos service to supply a fix address for my service.The biggest issue is that it seems the port forwarding function has been de activated by the Telstra Firmware? Should I request a Nighthawk M1 which offers port forwarding?

To the best of my knowledge both the M1 and M2's have port forwarding options still. That being said I don't have either of those or the B618 here to check, though I am suprised to find the settings missing

pwaves
Accepted Solution

OK I got it to work, as business account, rang business support to request activation of GPEXTB3
They put me onto Billing to activate the service telstra.extranet, it takes only a few minutes, they tick box on the profile
Then I went and changed the Mobile Profile in the setting of the B618 modem from telstra.internet to:
user = Telstra Extranet
password = not required
apn= telstra.extranet
Then restarted the modem and checked I was getting connected
Then called Support , they could not find port forwarding and suggested to try Virtual Server as you Rightly Did and it works fine I was able to open port range direct traffic to specific IP inside my network to specific port range and all working as it was supposed to. Thank you so much for your support, you can pass on the infos to all Telstra 4GX modem B618 users who have a business account and require remote access. The modem is very good and powerful WiFi.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now