Highlighted
ernieB
Level 3: Gumshoe

Allocation and cost of additional IP block to go with the static IP allocated.

Answered

Hi there,  After  many phone calls today, I am still not clear on what additional cost there is to have additional IP block allocated to a ADSL BizEssentials package.  Can anyone clarify for me, what the cost is and how these are allocated.

Cheers

Ernie 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ernieB
Accepted Solution

Re: Allocation and cost of additional IP block to go with the static IP allocated.

Hey rishwin, For your info, after the ADSL was connected an online request for extra IP was submitted, it was allocated 2 weeks later. No additional charges so far.....you just need a good justification for them. Cheers, Ernie

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent

Re: Allocation and cost of additional IP block to go with the static IP allocated.

@ernieB wrote:

Hi there,  After  many phone calls today, I am still not clear on what additional cost there is to have additional IP block allocated to a ADSL BizEssentials package.  Can anyone clarify for me, what the cost is and how these are allocated.

Cheers

Ernie 

Hi and Welcome to CrowdSupport.

If you click on the link I have provided it will take you to a page where you can apply for additonal IP addresses.

http://www.telstra.net/ipallocation/telstraIP.html

If have had no response within 7 days from the  additional IP request , you can contact the Business  Internet Group (BIG) on 1800 066 594, who can veiw if there is an outstanding order.

You are also able to email Telstra-internet-addressing@telstra.net  to follow up on your request.

I think general turnaround time for this is around 7-10 business days and AFAIK there is no additional charge as I cannot seem to find any information regarding pricing for additonatl IP.

Hope this helps you out.

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
ernieB

Thanks for the quick reply nelly82, i will give them a try...

Level 21: Augmented

Just to clarify, the BIG FOH group on that number can check via CustData whether or not the request has been submitted the same way you can but they can't check themselves only escalate it off for investigation / fast track. That said, standard SLA's for that kind of escalation are only a few hours so its not too much of a difference but hopefully that removes any potential confusion if you have a chat to the technical team on that number.
Lathania

Hi Ernie, just for a little extra clarrification :

All Business ADSL connections have Static IP addresses, there is no dynamic option. If you wish you can request an IP address change via the links provided above by nelly82, but they will not allocate a block of IP's for you to cycle between - They will only provide a single static addess to replace your current single IP. If you have multiple then of course multiple will be allocated, all depending on your needs and the plan you're on.

---
My opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.
ernieB
Accepted Solution

Hey rishwin, For your info, after the ADSL was connected an online request for extra IP was submitted, it was allocated 2 weeks later. No additional charges so far.....you just need a good justification for them. Cheers, Ernie

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more