Tangentric
Level 1: Cadet

Business Mail SSL?

Answered

I have the Telstra Business Broadband Bundle, and I've (finally) figured out the settings so that mail actually works.. (Telstra really need to have a single set of instructions with the correct settings, and have decent instructions for iphone business mail setup).. anyway, to my surprise it seems that all my Telstra Business mail authentication is sent via clear text? No SSL?

Is there an SSL option somewhere that I can switch on? Even my free email accounts with other providers offer SSL, I can't believe that Telstra BUSINESS mail wouldn't have that as an option but I can't find any details.

Can anyone help? Much thanks in advance!!

Glen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Business Mail SSL?

Hi Tangentric,

Welcome to Crowd Support!

The answer to your question relys on what hosting plan you are with. If you've opted for the "10 Free POP email" plan then yes, all emails are just standard pop emails and don't authenticate via SSL. If you would like a more sophisticated email type there are other plans such as Business Mail Advanced and Exchange emails that you'd need to talk to the TB Sales team about.
Lathania

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Business Mail SSL?

Hi Tangentric,

Welcome to Crowd Support!

The answer to your question relys on what hosting plan you are with. If you've opted for the "10 Free POP email" plan then yes, all emails are just standard pop emails and don't authenticate via SSL. If you would like a more sophisticated email type there are other plans such as Business Mail Advanced and Exchange emails that you'd need to talk to the TB Sales team about.
Lathania

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now